To all my gamer, geek, and nerd girlfriends on MFP

Options
ninnyfurr74
ninnyfurr74 Posts: 111 Member
Check out this video! Put a tear in my eye! We are all geeks no matter our particular persuasion or gender!

http://www.upworthy.com/some-geek-boys-called-these-geek-girls-fake-they-certainly-wont-be-making-that-mistake-again-7

Don't know how to make the link work so copy and paste to enjoy!

Replies

• PlanetoftheAtheists
    Options
    WTF? Beach, please.

1375187061507.gif
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I love that!
  • ninnyfurr74
    Options
    bump, more peeps need to see this!!
  • jon_reid
    Options
    It's tricky cause it makes you watch it twice! Once to read everything that they're holding, then again cause you didn't hear a word of the song!
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I saw this yesterday. It brought me joy. So much joy. ^_^
  • rivindellmagic
    Options
    As I am gearing up for OtaKon, one of the biggest anime conventions on the east coast, next week this video reminds me of what it is to truely be a geek. I am so excited and look back on the kids in middle and high school that told me I was weird and laugh. I'm a geek girl, gamer, anime watcher, cosplayer, coder, D&Der, comic reader, sci-fi lover. I am not greater or less than anyone else. I am not a thing to ogle and direct over to the "girly" comics, or cutesy jewlery. Geeks are geeks, regardless of who they are.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I am going to watch again at home. But its funny one of them was good, my daughter was 4 years old and I bought her a Star Wars book. She brought it to daycare and one of the boys said that it couldn't be her book because it was for boys. Well I didn't see this part what I did see was her running after the little boy with the book over head she was going to clobber him. I think this right here sums up so much of the issue.
  • superspork2
    superspork2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    That was super awesome.. and I wont lie, I had a mini Fan Girl moment when I saw Will Wheaton...:love:
  • aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I would have laughed in the guys face who told the girl that the dice were for girls to accessorize with and guys to actually play with. He's not my boss! :laugh:
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I am going to watch again at home. But its funny one of them was good, my daughter was 4 years old and I bought her a Star Wars book. She brought it to daycare and one of the boys said that it couldn't be her book because it was for boys. Well I didn't see this part what I did see was her running after the little boy with the book over head she was going to clobber him. I think this right here sums up so much of the issue.

I dare a boy to give my daughter trouble for her Star Wars t-shirts. She is MY daughter after all. Those boys will need medical attention.
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    Bump to look at later....
  • Terra_Incognita
    Terra_Incognita Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Wil - loved.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    That was really cool :) All of us female gamers have dealt with a lot of *kitten* over the years... "Girls don't MMO!!!" "OMG you're really a girl!!?!??!??!???!1111" :ohwell:
  • ninnyfurr74
    Options
    That was super awesome.. and I wont lie, I had a mini Fan Girl moment when I saw Will Wheaton...:love:

My fangirl moment was seeing Adam Savage from "Mythbusters". This is my family's favorite show to sit and watch together :)
  • ninnyfurr74
    Options
    That was really cool :) All of us female gamers have dealt with a lot of *kitten* over the years... "Girls don't MMO!!!" "OMG you're really a girl!!?!??!??!???!1111" :ohwell:

I must not be a girl then, and neither is my best friend. She started me playing and now I play or have played several!
    "For the Horde!"
  • ninnyfurr74
    Options
    Bump
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options

I must not be a girl then, and neither is my best friend. She started me playing and now I play or have played several!
    "For the Horde!"

Ha, I know, right? That was the reaction probably 3/4 of the time when people found out I was a girl, and it was even on an MMO that had a large female population! (LotRO)
  • ninnyfurr74
    Options
    Bump!
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    First I just wanna say that ,..that video made me a little choked up,..awwwwww,.and Friday nights are our "Family Nights"-my 2 little boys & I watch old reruns of Star Trek The Next Generation! And my 8 yr old Proudly proclaims that he's a nerd,while building intergalactic spaceships that time travel,...they're made outtta Legos,...& I take pics of their creations!! to scrap book.
    Sincerely, Nerd Girl!:happy:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome! I don't geek it out on video games anymore as I love working out more and seem to find other things to do, but I LOVED World of Warcraft when I played it. I had my first console (Super Nes) at like 4-5 as my parents bought it for themselves and let me stay up until 1 in the morning playing it with them. I have been on computers since the beginning and played Everquest as a 12 year old and learned how to do well on that game.

I think, even if you like games, there's nothing wrong with you, guy or girl. My husband still loves them as he always has and I am happy I married a geek. These types of girls are so much better then druggies, high strung drama queens, or complete and utter bar hags and we know that! We are successful, usually making good money, stable, fun, and all around a great catch.

Thanks for sharing this :)