i hate my body

Options
Hey i need help, my measurments are 34-26-39 i want to lose fat of arms upper arms and shoulders, i already have a nice waist and average hips, i want to be an A frame body not a hourglass, does jogging help? or will it decrease the size of hips and thighs?? also if i keep flapping or agitating my arms while walking will this help minimizing my upper body or the inverse will happen; the muscles will be toned and firmed and hence enlarged, please i need help. Thanks in advance

Replies

• _Moose51_
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, you just have to work and do overall fat loss. Jogging certainly helps, combine it with weight training and good diet and you will be very happy with the way you look. Don't pay to much attention to scale, just do the work. You can do it, just get excited about it.
  • mbucchieri
    mbucchieri Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Unfortunatly your body shape is you body shape, you will have the same shape if you loose or gain, and hour glass is beautiful, so learn to love yourself!!! You can do work to tone up,and get more of an athletic build, but you will still be that curvey girl, But you will be toned and fit!!
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Unfortunatly your body shape is you body shape, you will have the same shape if you loose or gain, and hour glass is beautiful, so learn to love yourself!!! You can do work to tone up,and get more of an athletic build, but you will still be that curvey girl, But you will be toned and fit!!

This...your body shape is determined by your bone structure, so nothing short of sanding down bones will significantly change it...however when people are in the overweight/obese catagories they may be mis-guessing what their body shape actually is, but looking at your measurements that doesnt seem to be your case. Work out and get toned and look great, but trying to change your body type is an unrealistic goal.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    No specific exercise will target a specific exercise. You can't spot reduce only spot increase. So of you lose too much in your butt, you can always gain muscle back through a good bulk phase and follow it by a cut.
  • horglassnesssucks
    Options

I know but few years ago i was an A frame, fats where never stocked around my waist, i used to have nice thighs and butt, things changed now, dunno why, i'm 25 years old bu the way
    p.s. do squats help??
    p.s thanks a lot to all of u for ur rapid response, this is my first time ever to participate in an online forum like this one
  • horglassnesssucks
    Options
    Nota bene: i have some upper arms fat and back fats which i hate can i lose them by weight lifting or will this accentuate them by turning fat into muscles??
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Nota bene: i have some upper arms fat and back fats which i hate can i lose them by weight lifting or will this accentuate them by turning fat into muscles??

fat doesnt 'turn into muscle'
  • anniegail1961
    Options
    Hi There: I disagree with a few comments made to you. You can change your body shape with hard work and discipline. Please read" Body For Life" by Bill Phillips. If you want it-He's the guy! Best Regards!
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I wish fat would "turn into muscle", I'd be in next year's local muscles competition due to my bulk... :tongue:
  • PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Maybe you used to be an A-frame a few years ago because you hadn't fully developed? Just a thought. I went through puberty (of course), but it seems like between ages 20-25 my body became curvier and more womanly. For example, my cup size as a teen was barely a B. Solid C cup now.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi There: I disagree with a few comments made to you. You can change your body shape with hard work and discipline. Please read" Body For Life" by Bill Phillips. If you want it-He's the guy! Best Regards!

Shape is determined by body structure and genetics. If you are really fat, I guess you can say you are changing your shape from round to thin, but if you gain fat in your butt first, it will also always be the last to lose. If you have wide hips or wide shoulders, you can NOT change that... that is what determines shape... not what you acquired post weight gain.
  • horglassnesssucks
    Options

Shape is determined by body structure and genetics. If you are really fat, I guess you can say you are changing your shape from round to thin, but if you gain fat in your butt first, it will also always be the last to lose. If you have wide hips or wide shoulders, you can NOT change that... that is what determines shape... not what you acquired post weight gain.

I understand the fact that it's prescribed by genetics, the hic is that i always was pear shaped, fats were always stocked in my hips, i used to have tiny tummy small breasts with average shoulders, but since the last year approximately i've found out that -while i was losing weight- my hips miserably collapsed :( i wanna knw, if again i gain weight, will my body get back to its previous morphology???
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options

I understand the fact that it's prescribed by genetics, the hic is that i always was pear shaped, fats were always stocked in my hips, i used to have tiny tummy small breasts with average shoulders, but since the last year approximately i've found out that -while i was losing weight- my hips miserably collapsed :( i wanna knw, if again i gain weight, will my body get back to its previous morphology???

You still are pear shaped, if that makes any difference. Your bust is 5 inches smaller than your hips. That's a pear shape :)

eta: typo
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Lol, just want to follow this thread. Carry on.
  • horglassnesssucks
    Options

You still are pear shaped, if that makes any difference. Your bust is 5 inches smaller than your hips. That's a pear shape :)

eta: typo
    Thank you :) this lifted my spirit really. Today i woke up having a deep sensation that i'm somehow pear-ish (!!!) i took my measurements and this time it was surprisingly 34-26-40, maybe the last time i didn't adjust the tape or maybe i effectively gained this inch XD. Though i really need to slim down my arms and shoulders, my arm measures at its widest part 11,5 inches, my thigh measures 23 inches and 15 inches at calves. Are these measurements fine or too huge???
  • ChiManLifts
    Options
    Hey i need help, my measurments are 34-26-39 i want to lose fat of arms upper arms and shoulders, i already have a nice waist and average hips, i want to be an A frame body not a hourglass, does jogging help? or will it decrease the size of hips and thighs?? also if i keep flapping or agitating my arms while walking will this help minimizing my upper body or the inverse will happen; the muscles will be toned and firmed and hence enlarged, please i need help. Thanks in advance

Hate to break it to you, but flapping your arms will not cause a reduction in fat.

Also, if we're talking changing your body shape, neither cardio or strength training will do it. Strength training will do a better job of changing your body composition and overall proportion though.
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options

I know but few years ago i was an A frame, fats where never stocked around my waist, i used to have nice thighs and butt, things changed now, dunno why, i'm 25 years old bu the way
    p.s. do squats help??
    p.s thanks a lot to all of u for ur rapid response, this is my first time ever to participate in an online forum like this one
    You're 25 years old? Funny, your otherwise empty profile says you're 27. Amazing job getting two years younger. With skills like that you should be able to get any body you want.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Can someone please explain what an A body frame is?

Disregard after reading I am guessing that an A frame is pear shaped...
  • horglassnesssucks
    Options

p.s. do squats help??
    You're 25 years old? Funny, your otherwise empty profile says you're 27. Amazing job getting two years younger. With skills like that you should be able to get any body you want.
    I'm sorry, that 25 was just a typo, excuses
  • horglassnesssucks
    Options
    Can someone please explain what an A body frame is?

Disregard after reading I am guessing that an A frame is pear shaped...
    A frame = a pear shape actually