Ideas for a healthy party snack?

Options
Hi,

I'm attending a get-together this weekend and would like to bring a snack / appetizer that is healthy and easy to prepare. I'm a little bored with my usual appetizers (guacamole, black bean dip, goat cheese) and would love to be inspired by something new.

Any ideas? Ideally, the recipe should:
- Be able to be prepared fairly quickly (in the evening after work, for example)
- Use only natural ingredients (no artificial sweeteners or over-processed foods)
- Go well with wine (it's for my neighborhood book club and, well, we should probably be called a wine club!)

Thanks in advance!
J

Replies

• veniceit
    veniceit Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Tzatziki, Hummus, and babba ganoush are pretty healthy if you make them yourself. Serve with veggie sticks and whole wheat pita bites.

Veggie thin crust pizza. Easy to make and very yummy. I use spinach, onion, zucchini, ricotta (low fat) and fresh garlic. They're about 100 cal a slice.

Have fun.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Fruit and cheese tray! :)
  • kmparks24
    Options
    Homemade Hummus!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    i would bring a fruit plate with a dip (which i won't use but the others will enjoy) that way i get my low glycemic strawberries, apples, orange sections and they enjoy the grapes, melons, pineapple, etc. At least one of the wines should complement fruits.
  • capemim
    Options
    a new twist on caprese, mini low fat fresh mozzarella balls on skewers, alternate with cherry tomatoes and a piece of fresh basil. Just before heading out, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Really pretty presentation on a platter. Low carb, but has low fat protein and fresh veggies.
  • lisajohnny
    Options
    I've made this numerous times for different events. It is called Ugly Dip!

2% Velveeta Cheese (1 block or you can use less depending on serving size)
    1 can of Rotel tomatoes with chiles and onions
    Optional: you can add a pound of lean ground beef or italian sausage

Serve with Tostitos or Pretzels