Why do I feel fat? Honestly feeling so down...

Options
I feel horribly fat.

I never, ever used to think this way. All the images of "thinspo" on pinterest and the web have made me look at my body shape with disgust.

Height: 5"8
Weight: 131
Bust: 32"
Waist: 26"
Hips: 33"

My legs are chunky and my stomach has so much fat on it., I want to look like the thinspo girls :( but I just can't

Replies

• mollyW2012
    mollyW2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I feel horribly fat.

I never, ever used to think this way. All the images of "thinspo" on pinterest and the web have made me look at my body shape with disgust.

Height: 5"8
    Weight: 131
    Bust: 32"
    Waist: 26"
    Hips: 33"

My legs are chunky and my stomach has so much fat on it., I want to look like the thinspo girls :( but I just can't

I would LOVE to be 131. I'm the same height as you, and I am 39 years old. I weigh 182! Haven't weighed in my 130's since my early 20's. How old are you?
  • Mrmarkweightloss
    Options
    It's because you are comparing yourself to an image that is unrealistic.
  • DoingItForME724
    DoingItForME724 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    based on your measurements i'd say your fine.
  • jgal86
    jgal86 Posts: 77
    Options
    I don't think you are fat
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You are not fat. Quit looking at those pictures and comparing yourself to them. Never compare yourself to anyone. You are an individual with a different mind, heart and body than those women in the pictures. A lot of photos in magazines and on the web are photoshopped. Most women, especially those in Hollywood, look like that without the help of someone cleaning up the picture.

Be happy with what you have. If you can't, seek counseling before it gets too extreme.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    You are not fat.

The reason you feel fat is because you are looking at THINSPO!

Stop it! Go read a book, watch a funny film or take a walk or pat an animal - much better uses of your time and you will feel much better for it.
  • Eirene80
    Eirene80 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    5'8" 131 lbs. and wanting to lose 13 because internet girls make you feel fat.

thats-enough-internet-for-today.gif
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that this is the internet/media which generally means photo shop. Some people have a predisposition to being very slim, narrow hips and shoulders, etc. Some people don't. I wouldn't bash anyone for their build be they thin or overweight, but you have to remember that just because you see a "thinspo" picture online it doesn't mean that the model has her life all straightened out. It doesn't mean that she's any happier than you. It just means that she has a different body type. From your height, weight, and measurements you are in no way "fat". If you still feel fat and down on yourself, you may want to talk to someone about your self image.