Restaurant Calorie Counter

Options
Just came across this website. It lets you build your meal at many popular restaurants and it calculates the nutritional info

http://www.eddieoneverything.com/nutrition_info/calculators

Replies

• Melitious
    Options
    Great tool! Thanks for sharing!
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    While I would like this to work, it's telling me that a Mc Donalds double quarter pounder with cheese, large fries, large coke, and large shake only amount to 426 calories...tho maybe that is just a problem with McDonalds?
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    While I would like this to work, it's telling me that a Mc Donalds double quarter pounder with cheese, large fries, large coke, and large shake only amount to 426 calories...tho maybe that is just a problem with McDonalds?

HA. Doesn't the double quarter pounder alone have more than 426?
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Archy - you probably aren't calculating what it's cooked in?
  • Steelytop
    Steelytop Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great calculator!! Thanks!!!

That's funny. I get 2,030 before I even add a shake. I never have ate at places like McDonald's since I was a kid. I suppose I was hooked back then but it's kind've gross now. Any of those places: Wendy's, Burger King, etc. I stay away from them for two reasons: Massive calories beyond your imagination and lousy burgers when compared to local places like Dan's Hamburgers or even Whataburger. Both of those places make them while you wait. Other places don't. They're already ready when you get there at most places.

Btw, when I add a 12 oz. triple thick chocolate shake (where is the regular ones) it brings the total up to 2,490 calories for 1 meal. I try to keep my daily calories between 1200 and 1500 per day for the reduction stage. So, basically I can't eat at any of those places. Think of all the money I'm saving!! :)
  • Steelytop
    Options
    Double Quarter pounder with cheese alone is 740 calories. YIPES!!!

Whataburger Jr. is 300 calories.
  • Steelytop
    Options
    Btw, they add words like "jr." to foods that are a normal serving size to discourage you from buying those "pipsqueak" burgers. But in fact, in the 60's and 70's this was the normal serving size. If and when I do order, I order from the kids menu. :D I don't mind. Much easier than ordering Diet Coke when you're very overweight if you ask me.
  • StacyDawn
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. This is much easier than going to each of the restaurant's websites looking to see if they have nutritional information.

Just glancing through, I found that when I thought I was making the right choice, I wasn't and when I thought I was cheating myself and getting something bad, it wasn't as bad as I thought.

It is definitely good to check the nutritional info before guessing! :)
  • supernova48
    Options
    Bookmarked. Thanks for that! My SO, love him to death, but he's always wanting to go to fast food places and it's not so easy to always tell what's the least bad option.