Insanity

Options
Hi peeps. Started insanity on Monday and loving it, but was wondering if anyone else suffered from extremely sore calves?? To the point where I got up in the night to go to the toilet and my legs gave way!!!

Replies

• drazani
    drazani Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm just about to finish week 2 of insanity, after trying for the third time around, never got past the first week the last times I tried, I did 2 days and the had to have 4 days off as my calfs were so sore I had trouble walking, however after that 4 day rest my calfs are now feeling great :-) and I have managed to complete every excercise for 2 weeks, stick with it and your legs will start feeling much better, after doing this mornings workout I feel like I have loads of energy. :-) stick with it and your body will start feeling better, remember not to skip the stretches and drink plenty of water throughout the day.
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am seriously considering doing the insanity work out but I am not so strong I am afraid it is going to be too intense for me to do, am i correct would it be a waste of money for me to get it. or should I get it and give it a shot, I know I will get stronger if I do it. any advise ?
  • kwedman488
    kwedman488 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You should definitely give it a shot. I'm on week 7 right now, will be doing my workouts a little later today, but I love it. The whole point of the program is to make you stronger, more fit, and leave you better suited for future eating and exercise habits. It's one of those workouts that all depends on how much you push yourself-what you get out of it depends on what you put in. Even I have days where I'm really not feeling it and although I do the workout, I'm not giving my full 100% that day. But I'm still getting results because I still stick through with the workouts, I don't skip anything, and I listen to Shaun. I do what he tells me to, follow his advice, and stick through with him for each video. I promise it's worth it, but you'll only get results if you put in the work and eat as you should.
  • witmer1
    witmer1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Try T25 instead of Insanity
  • everythings_rosie
    everythings_rosie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My T25 should be arriving anyday. Cant wait to finish insanity to then start on that. Calves are still a little sore but no where near as bad as yesterday. I am so loving it. Love seeing the countdown, and love seeing the other people struggle and have to rest aswell. Makes them human.
  • lruane86
    lruane86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am finishing week 4 tomorrow. Try modifying some moves where you can. Maybe take a day or two rest and get back to it. That;s what I did and I have no leg pain now. It gets so much easier. Stick with it
  • Dena216
    Dena216 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity on Friday and today I am sore. My knees are mostly sore. How is everyone else doing with it?
  • janab204
    janab204 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi peeps. Started insanity on Monday and loving it, but was wondering if anyone else suffered from extremely sore calves?? To the point where I got up in the night to go to the toilet and my legs gave way!!!

Hahah!! Me too!! Its got to be the worst feeling ever ! But I still have to do day 4 today!