AUG/SEP C25K CHALLENGE - Let's start running together!

Can I find some people to join me in C25K challenge starting TODAY? I don't really have any experience in running, so this will be new for me. I have installed the free C25K app on my phone and am ready! Should graduate from the program and be able to run 5K on Thursday September 26th. Let's share our experiences and encourage one another on our journey to 5K! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    I am almost done. 3 more runs! It really is a great program. Best of luck and you can do it! Just make sure to run nice and slow. If you search in groups there is also some great ones you can join for extra motivation and support!
  • no_more_weighting
    no_more_weighting Posts: 57 Member
    Thank you so much for the encouragement! :flowerforyou: And good job on a soon-to-be C25K graduation!!! :smile:
  • Vadatha
    Vadatha Posts: 1
    I just started today too!!! It seems good. Let's support each other!!! My best friend did it and she feels amazing she is going for the 10k and she used to be very but very lazy.

So cheers and wish you all the best!
    Vadatha
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    I'm starting it soon but not quite yet! I have it all installed and everything! but i can't start yet because i have squat legs... which basically means i'm walking on jello haha
  • SarahRose35
    SarahRose35 Posts: 127 Member
    I'm on Week 2, loving it so far (:
  • carstanger
    carstanger Posts: 32 Member
    I have walked two 5 k's with my husband. If the color run comes near you, it is a blast. Can't run because I have had knee replacement!!! Working on trying to get my walking faster and I do water aerobics because my feet don't hurt!! I started out with the 5k and was actually jogging....before I found out I shouldn't be running. LOL!!
  • jmdmps
    jmdmps Posts: 6 Member
    I am on week 2 and enjoying it. I have always disliked running, even when I was playing sports through high school. Always the last to cross the line. I needed something that got me out if the house and allowed me just to zone out. I am a stay at home mom so my time alone is precious and I feel this is a positive and stress relieving activity to do when I have me time. My husband started running awhile back and recently participated in his first 5K, I hope that he and I can start doing them together once I graduate from the program. :wink:
  • ktpod1
    ktpod1 Posts: 83 Member
    Just started on Monday. Will do W1D3 tomorrow. Good luck everyone.
  • no_more_weighting
    Good job everyone, thanks for sharing your experiences and stories! :-) So yesterday was the big day, my D1W1! I don't know how about you, but I haven't ran since high school (almost 15 years), and this wasn't too bad after all. I took my dog with me, who was so funny - he really knew I meant business and was on his best behavior. Heeling the whole time, no pulling on leash, adjusting to my pace. I was impressed! This is so good for both of us! As far as technicalities go, I found out I need new running shoes (due to a newly found term overpronation - anyone with that issue?) Also holding a cellphone isn't a best idea it seems like! :noway: Off to the sports store this weekend! :bigsmile:
  • no_more_weighting
    I am on week 2 and enjoying it. I have always disliked running, even when I was playing sports through high school. Always the last to cross the line. I needed something that got me out if the house and allowed me just to zone out. I am a stay at home mom so my time alone is precious and I feel this is a positive and stress relieving activity to do when I have me time. My husband started running awhile back and recently participated in his first 5K, I hope that he and I can start doing them together once I graduate from the program. :wink:

How funny, I've always hated running too! But I think the issue was that I've tried running too fast (that's what was required at school after all) and wasn't ready to just "run" - that's why I think this program will work!! :wink: What a great way to enjoy some "me time"! :smile:
  • no_more_weighting
    I have walked two 5 k's with my husband. If the color run comes near you, it is a blast. Can't run because I have had knee replacement!!! Working on trying to get my walking faster and I do water aerobics because my feet don't hurt!! I started out with the 5k and was actually jogging....before I found out I shouldn't be running. LOL!!

How inspiring! :smile: I'd definitely want to try some 5k after I finish the program, I'll probably have to travel somewhere to do it though, we usually get snow come October! LOL
  • no_more_weighting
    Just started on Monday. Will do W1D3 tomorrow. Good luck everyone.

Great! Since you're 2 training days ahead, you can give us some tips! :smile: Good luck to you too!
  • no_more_weighting
    I just started today too!!! It seems good. Let's support each other!!! My best friend did it and she feels amazing she is going for the 10k and she used to be very but very lazy.

So cheers and wish you all the best!
    Vadatha

Good job!!! :smile: I find it so encouraging to see that I'm not alone on my C25K journey. And lazy you say? That's my middle name!! :laugh: 10K is my long term goal, perhaps next summer I'll be ready! :bigsmile:
  • no_more_weighting
    I'm starting it soon but not quite yet! I have it all installed and everything! but i can't start yet because i have squat legs... which basically means i'm walking on jello haha

LOL to jello legs - I know what you mean! :smile: Hope you can start soon, the beginning is pretty simple, really. Good luck!
  • no_more_weighting
    I'm on Week 2, loving it so far (:

Good job!! :smile:
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Just completed week one and loving it....STarted a group for this too and would love some more people...so far nine members but low activity.....need some active participants!
  • no_more_weighting
    Just completed week one and loving it....STarted a group for this too and would love some more people...so far nine members but low activity.....need some active participants!

I'm in! :wink:
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member

I'm in! :wink:

YAY!
  • jmdmps
    jmdmps Posts: 6 Member
    A saying I found to keep me going: "I may run as slow as a turtle slopping through peanut butter, but at least I can say...I RUN!" :tongue:
  • I did C25K at the end of last year into the beginning of this year, beware of Week 5! Feel free to bounce back a week and try again if you can't get through it.

I've not done much activity since i did the Race for the Cure in May so I'm going to kick back to W1D1 starting next week.
    I've started the Power90 workout (precursor to P90X) and plan on using that instead of the Cardio side of Power90.