Freshman 40 anyone?

Options
Hi! ChibiLady here, I'm 19 years old and instead of gaining the freshman fifteen I gained the freshman FORTY, weighing at the end of the school year at 175 and now 3 months later I'm 151, 19 pounds away from my goal weight of 132. Can anyone relate?
While it wasn't fun gaining 40 pounds my freshman year the journey that I've taken has taught me a lot: how to be patient, how to keep at it even when I plateau, and how to love yourself no matter what.
I'm hoping to make some pals here on myfitnesspal and not only shed the last 10 or 15 pounds by the time school starts but share tips, tricks and stories on how to keep it off.

While I've been super happy with my 24-pound weight loss I've yet to see any changes in my measurements, my waist still measures 28" and my hip still measures 40" (I don't care how big my boobs are, LOL). Can anyone explain this? Also, I'm fasting for the month of Ramadan and I don't drink any water during the day.

Replies

• esteban1424
    esteban1424 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! For me personally it was the Freshman 20 and Sophomore 15. I ended up at 245 at the beginning of my junior year, and after starting MFP I've gone down to 226.
  • bpmcguire
    Options
    Hi ChibiLady! I can definitely relate with you! I gained 50 pounds in my first 2 years of school. Although, as you said, the weight gain wasn't fun, it was definitely an experience. And knowing how hard it is to work it off....I'll never go back once I've dropped all the weight!

You could be losing muscle mass. Are you working out? Or just eating better? It is important to work out while also eating healthy. This will help maintain muscle mass. The more lean muscle mass you have, the more calories you burn when you're at rest--sleeping, sitting, watching tv, etc.)

Hope this helps!
  • iamihobo
    iamihobo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    That's some awesome progress!! :)