Vsg friends & support

Options
I was sleeved 5 days ago on 6/10/2013 in Syracuse, NY. I don't know anyone personally who has had WLS so I'm looking for others who have for support & motivation. I've done alot of research over the past year while waiting for surgery but I would like to hear from others about their first-hand experiences, fears, tips and support. Feeling a little isolated so please friend me if you think you can help me out - thanks!

Replies

• specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Happy to lend some support! Congrats on getting sleeved, and excited for you with all the weight loss you experience with this tool =)

I am a year and 2+ months out. Never regretted my decision, just only wish I was brave enough to have made the decision a lot sooner in life!
  • Blackcloudkygirl
    Blackcloudkygirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi. I was sleeved just a few days before you, on 6/3/2013. How are you doing, how is everything going? I'm located in Boston.

-Christy

I've lost 56lbs since my surgery date, but 134 lbs since I started the program.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 years out. Feel free to friend me.

There is a group called "VSGers" that doesn't have a lot of daily posts, but you will find a lot of sleevers there and some old posts that would be helpful.
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    4 months out, nyone feel free to add me
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    uh. I have no idea wtf this thread is about.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want- I am 7 + months out and down 122 lbs total. I love to give and receive support! Anyone from this thread can add me for that matter...:)

-Kendra
  • MayPenGirl305
    Options
    I am a fellow sleever. Feel free to add me. Me & my VSG family have a great support system on http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/

Check it out. It's a great community of people.
  • meagancarawan
    meagancarawan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on 7/22/13. Just moved into the "soft" food phase this week and decided to start tracking protein, carbs, calories. I also follow the forum vertical sleeve talk, which I love, because there's a ton of info and I can access it through an app instead of the web.
  • bookwormjoy
    bookwormjoy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello! I was sleeved on August 1, 2013...I had to be converted since I had the lap band which did not work for me and was more of a headache than a help!!! I had self-paid for the lap band in Mexico with a loan for $7000...and now I have wonderful insurance and paid zero for my sleeve! And it by the sleeve that I am actually losing weight....

8824663.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods