Seeking others for some accountability and motivation.

Options
Hi all, I'm a 35yo mother of a 3yo boy and 11 month old girl, and I am tired of being unhealthy and unable to fully participate in life. As of May 1st of this year, I started taking charge of my diet and I am feeling better than I have in a long time. I have about 75 lbs left to lose and I'm now trying to establish some good exercise habits like c25k and some strength training.

I would love to have some more friends along for this ride. Feel free to add me. Thanks

Replies

• pauluk1978
    pauluk1978 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    hi, feel free to add me
  • buttonb
    buttonb Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey, add me too :) I'm a FTM of a 5 month old looking to loose 40pounds :)
  • grvirgilio
    Options
    Please add me brand new have no idea how to add anyone. Do u have to worry about all the numbers or can u focus mostly on calorie intake.. I can make the calories but something else is always over....
  • fitpam90x
    fitpam90x Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well :)
    Good for you for getting on track, that's awesome!
    Anyone is free to add me, I log daily but please put a message in so I know who you are.

My name is Pamela. :smile:
  • CoozyRoo
    CoozyRoo Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, requests have been sent.

grvirgilio-great question about the other stats that make up your calories, like sugar, fat, etc, I think I first just tried to make the calorie goal and once I was good with that I moved on to look at what those calories are made of. Read up on macros as there are several different ways you can go about it depending on what your goals are.
  • jchadden42
    jchadden42 Posts: 189
    Options
    I think it's great that you are working toward this goal while your children are still so very young. For them, this will be a lifestyle, not a diet. Way to go! If you feel you need motivation, feel free to add me. I am a single mother of 2 and a a full time teacher (HS). I will need help keeping motivated in the school year because I will lose the ability to just pick up and exercise on a whim. I am not currently really trying to lose weight; however, if I lost about 10 pounds, I'd be ok with that.
  • JenniferPlus2
    JenniferPlus2 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request. Welcome!
  • pippin44
    pippin44 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Would love to have some motivation too! I am a mother of a 7 year old and 5 year old. I was 30 lbs lighter this time last year. Very disappointed in my regression and need to get back on track!