Loosing weight at too fast of a rate

Options
So today I weighed in for my weekly check and was surprised to see that I somehow dropped 4lbs within that week. Can this be water? I have been on a diet for about 4 months so far and it has been within the 1-2lb/week range. What struck this random change?

Replies

• runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    That sometimes happens after a menstrual cycle for me. I will lose a lot that week but then the next week not change.
  • sunrize_sc
    sunrize_sc Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    As long as you're not losing a lot every week, I wouldn't be to concerned. Congrats on the loss!! :smile:
  • IIISpartacusIII
    IIISpartacusIII Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you weigh. The heavier you are the more potential weight you have to lose and the larger the initial drops in weight. As you get leaner this will decrease greatly. Losing 4 lbs in any one specific week isn't cause for worry; it's cause for celebration. Congrats!
  • tilmoph
    tilmoph Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it unless you start to feel bad. People lose at different rates at different times
    Now if you start to feel routinely light headed, or shaky, or physically weak, or anything like that, see a doctor, because then it's probably unhealthy. Otherwise, enjoy your bonus.