What will taste good in my green tea?

Options
stonel94
stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
Okay, so, I like to get iced green tea from starbucks and while I like it on it's own I sometimes want something sweeter. But one of the reasons I like it is cause it's calorie free, but I don't like honey, and so I want to add a flavor to it. I love it with raspberry but the sugared versions have 23 g of sugar, so I would prefer a sugar free option. Do you think any of these will taste good in the iced green tea?

they have sugar free:
vanilla
caramel
hazelnut
cinnamon dolce

that's all I can find

Replies

• ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I've never tried anything like that before with green tea. I'm strictly a fruity-flavored girl when it comes to my tea. Have you tried brewing your own iced tea and then you can add any fresh fruit flavors you want?
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Try it, you never know. It's common for Brits to add milk to their tea so it's not that unusual. I've used coffee mate's low cal/fat free french vanilla and caramel creamers to home brewed and they were good.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    A squeeze of fresh lemon juice and some fresh ginger cut up and steeped with the tea. No sweeteners of any kind! Why destroy the Benefits of Green Tea with all of the junk; and if you can not drink it w/o the junk you are probably allowing it steep to long.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    If you have an upset stomach/diarrhea just add a pitch of ground ginger and sweeten with Stevia in the Raw (or favorite sugar substitute). Works wonders, my husband will request it even instead of taking medicine for his ailment.

I buy flavored green tea bags, and just sweeten with Stevia, so its still calories. Raspberry is one of my favorites too. Lipton super fruit green teas are pretty good. several different flavors to pick from. Black Currant and Vanilla Superfruit, was nasty! Acai Dragonfruit Melon Green Tea is my favorite!

I personally, don't think any of those flavorings except the cinnamon dolce, would taste good. I also like fruity tea, so maybe buy the smallest bottle available and just test it out for your self.
  • stonel94
    Options
    I think everyone missed the fact that this is from starbucks: I'm not brewing this tea by myself nor do I have a slew of things to add to it, just what they have there
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I drink mine hot but I really like honey and splenda, should still taste good cold :)
  • bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should just try each one? Good luck
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    Options
    Okay, so, I like to get iced green tea from starbucks and while I like it on it's own I sometimes want something sweeter. But one of the reasons I like it is cause it's calorie free, but I don't like honey, and so I want to add a flavor to it. I love it with raspberry but the sugared versions have 23 g of sugar, so I would prefer a sugar free option. Do you think any of these will taste good in the iced green tea?

they have sugar free:
    vanilla
    caramel
    hazelnut
    cinnamon dolce

that's all I can find

liquorice root .. its sweetens the tea tastes lush and i hate tea but can drink it with liquorice flavouring :)
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Why on earth would you buy it if you do not like taste?

coffee [at home] FTW!!!
  • Angylgrrl
    Angylgrrl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I bet the cinnamon dolce would work. The rest, I'm not so sure about....
  • t1nk6
    Options
    I think everyone missed the fact that this is from starbucks: I'm not brewing this tea by myself nor do I have a slew of things to add to it, just what they have there

you can get flavourings in little bottles you could keep in your bag.. pipet into your starbucks.
  • t1nk6
    Options

coffee [at home] FTW!!!

He has a point lol
  • princessrisariri
    princessrisariri Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Do plain old sweeteners not help, I am sure starbucks have something like that?

Out of the syrups the only one I can think might work is vanilla even then doesn't sound great.
    Maybe ask if they can do you a half shot of the syrup one time to see how it goes? Or if they can put the syrup in a little shot cup so you can try take a sip with your tea and test out how it mixes on your tongue?
  • stonel94
    Options

coffee [at home] FTW!!!

I do like the taste, I said that, I said I sometimes want something sweeter
    and I get it on my break from work: 15 mins: starbucks drive through
  • 86muffintop
    86muffintop Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love iced green tea from Starbucks, I always order it with "no water, no sweetener". Their iced green tea has a bit of a minty-lemony infusion... I can't see adding any of their sugar free flavors that you mentioned to it :| What if you get a Trenta size with just "one pump" (or two) of the raspberry syrup (their syrups really go a long way). According to MFP, Starbucks raspberry syrup has 10 calories per pump...
  • 86muffintop
    86muffintop Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just realized you are concerned about the sugar- WHOOPS! Just ask for one pump- 12 sugar grams. Or a splash of their lemonade added to it would be good too. :)
  • electrokinetic
    Options
    While I realize this thread is focused on Starbucks, I'd highly recommend stopping by a tea shop like teavanna. The teas are out of this world!
  • stonel94
    Options
    when I'm in very rural maine and work in slightly less rural New Hampshire the closest thing to a good tea shop is starbucks.
  • ItsLyricSoListen
    Options
    a good way to add sweetness to green tea is adding fruit some mint and tangerine work well...... take a pitcer of cooled down green tea add some mint and a tangerine slice up skin on and just let it sit a while before you put it in the fridge mangoes, peaches and apples which are very sweet also work well
  • Rosie4732
    Rosie4732 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Liquorice tea bags - I keep them in my handbag and add to teas when I'm out ;)
    Works with green, white and mint too