Body Media and MFP, Past 2 weeks stats

Options
Got my Body Media Link armband about 3 weeks ago, and absolutely loving it. I keep it on as much as possible, averaging 20+ hours a day with it on. I have been very diligent in my food logging, logging every thing that goes in my food hole, save a Coke Zero here or there. I only weigh in on Mondays, so here are my numbers from the first 2 Mon-Sun weeks.

Wk 1. Cal Burn Avg-3910 Cal Consume Avg-1750 Projected Loss-4.4lbs Actual Loss-2.4lbs

Wk 2. Cal Burn Avg-4081 Cal Consume Avg-2508 Projected Loss-3.1lbs Actual Loss-4.4lbs

A little off from week to week, but the 2 week total from projected to actual is pretty darn close. That first week I learned that I had to eat a lot more than I had thought, still having problems trying to eat 3000 cals a day with my average burn being around 4000 cals. Also learned that this is probably why diets have failed me in the past, it's nice to know that I can still eat a lot of food and still lose weight.happy

BTW, just joined the group, and wouldn't mind having a few Body Bugg/Body Media buddieswink

Replies

• Spresto2
    Spresto2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Where does it tell u projected loss on the reports or dashboard? Can't find :glasses:
  • gillismaxiumus
    gillismaxiumus Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It doesn't tell you a projected, but if you click "export" in the upper right hand corner of the dash board you can download a spread sheet of all the data it collects. From there I just did the math... the weeks total burn, minus the weeks total consumption, divided by 3500.
  • chrystalmsimmons
    chrystalmsimmons Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am considering ordering the body media. I have reviewed info online. I just wanted to make sure it works with my fitness pal.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I am considering ordering the body media. I have reviewed info online. I just wanted to make sure it works with my fitness pal.

It does.

I wear mine religiously as well, and have for a couple of years now. It's AWESOME! I have to admit I'm toying with the idea of a fitbit, however, as it's less obvious now that it's summertime and I'm wearing short sleeves / sleeveless shirts. I have a lovely armband-tan......
  • chrystalmsimmons
    chrystalmsimmons Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i just purchased the body media and i am so confused when using it with my fitness pall. does the caloric intake increase because of wearing the body media all day.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    When I got mine I learned the exact same thing-- I was burning way more calories than I thought, so my previous deficits were too large and I would end up binging after 3-4 days. So happy to be able to match mymintake with my output!
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

It does.

I wear mine religiously as well, and have for a couple of years now. It's AWESOME! I have to admit I'm toying with the idea of a fitbit, however, as it's less obvious now that it's summertime and I'm wearing short sleeves / sleeveless shirts. I have a lovely armband-tan......

You can put it in your bra band on your side, over a rib. I think it reads a little lower than on your arm, but you can still get a reasonable estimate of calorie burn.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Thinking of buying one. Where did you all get yours??
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    If you do not have to have it now, the new bodymedia fit core 2 system comes out this fall. It is suppose to be more accurate and smaller.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    oh thanks!!!
  • foxylady522
    Options
    Have you all had good loss with the Body Media? I'm considering one but wasn't sure if it was worth the cost of the unit and the $7/month. Recommendations?
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    How's it going with your BMF? What's your average burn over the past 28 days?
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    bodymedia cured my ocd tendencies towards cutting, now that I KNOW I'm in the deficit I want to be in it makes losing so much easier, less stressful and takes all the guesswork out, there's nothing more demotivating that thinking you're in a deficit and realising after 3 weeks that you're the same weight and were eating at maintenance the whole time and just wasted 3 weeks of your life getting nowhere, best purchase ever