Hit a wall.

Options
Howdy all, if I must say i'm totally and completely at a point where I want to scream.............I have hit a wall and its kicking my butt.......I have not lost any weight in over a month. I have started with a personal trainer and although we have rechecked my measurements and i've lost a 1/2 inch here, 1/2 inch there, i'm still disgusted. I have only 10 pounds left to get to my goal and do you think I can do it?? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... any suggestions??

Replies

• dontpanic1984
    dontpanic1984 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    the last 10 pounds are always the slowest and most difficult. hang in there and keep it up. remember how much more energy you have and how much healthier you feel now than you did at your starting weight - that really helps with the motivation. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Will_Lift_4_Shoes Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Try upping your protein. I know when I get stuck I make one or two days an all protein day and that seems to help me get the weight moving. Also, and I know it seems counter-intuitive- maybe take a break from your workouts. not stop altogether, but take a couple days off and let your body rest. then when you get back to the workout, your body will react and that could help shed a few pounds. I know that I hover for a while and then lose then hover again. it is frustrating, but keep it up and you would get there. Maybe your trainer can help tweak your diet to help you lose more weight.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    two things i did years ago that did it for me was. Change your diet. Not like eat like crap but one day shoot up your carbs and lessen your protein intake then the next day go back to normal then a few days later jack up your protein intake just to shake your metabolism because your metabolism gets accustomed to a diet and wont budge.

Also change up your work out. I change my workout every 3-4 weeks. My cardio started as elliptical then moved to half bike half elliptical then all runnning then half running half elliptical. Change it up.

The more you play with your exercise and diet the more you will shake it off of the plateau.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    two things i did years ago that did it for me was. Change your diet. Not like eat like crap but one day shoot up your carbs and lessen your protein intake then the next day go back to normal then a few days later jack up your protein intake just to shake your metabolism because your metabolism gets accustomed to a diet and wont budge.

Also change up your work out. I change my workout every 3-4 weeks. My cardio started as elliptical then moved to half bike half elliptical then all runnning then half running half elliptical. Change it up.

The more you play with your exercise and diet the more you will shake it off of the plateau.