Mini Success

Options
lexoxoc
lexoxoc Posts: 135 Member
Okay, so this is super small but I lost SEVEN POUNDS this past month....I am literally SHOCKED and AMAZED!

I restarted this weight loss track on July 1st after a 5 month hiatus.

Back Story:
When I began losing weight in 2011 I weighed in at my highest weight of 160 lbs. I met my initial goal of 20 lbs lost in 5 months. I took that victory as a big one and took the next 7 months off from losing and just maintained. June 1st, 2012 I restarted again and it wasn't as easy this time but I lost 17 pounds in 8 months! I was frustrated with this lack of movement on the scale/life got insane/grad school sucked the life out of me/ect. and I just gave up entirely. Well I gained 10.5 lbs back in only 5 months and wanted to strangle myself! So, here I came again at 134.2 lbs on July 1st motivated to lose weight for my cousin's wedding that is in 8 days and I am PROUD of myself!

Thanks for all the help & support MFP!

Replies

• stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's not "small" at all! What can you share about what really worked for you?
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • lexoxoc
    lexoxoc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's not "small" at all! What can you share about what really worked for you?

The first two weeks of the month I was eating 1200 calories a day and eating back about half my exercise calories and working out an hour to two hours per day. The third week I did the same but had no lose at all. This past week I upped my calories to 1500 per day, not eating back my exercise calories and working out an hour to two hours per day still and I lost 2 pounds in just this past week.

Here's my workout schedule:
    Monday: Running, Strength Training
    Tuesday: I either do Zumba, Yoga, Circuit Training, or my favorite cardio machines at the gym
    Wednesday: Running, Strength Training
    Thursday: Again either Zumba, Yoga, Circuit Training, or my favorite cardio machines at the gym
    Friday: Running, Strength Training
    Saturday: Favorite Cardio Machines at the Gym usually
    Sunday: Sometimes I take this as a rest day but I usually just workout everyday and on these day's I'll just do a light cardio at the gym or yoga or just strength training

I think Strength Training has made a HUGE difference in my weight loss. I still do a ton of cardio but I like lifting and it makes me feel like I'm getting definition!
  • vale_m624
    vale_m624 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! and thats def a big victory! you should be super proud of every lb
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!