I want to stop eating after 8 pm!

kepania
kepania Posts: 2 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Good Morning! I have this terrible habit of falling asleep, waking up and going to the kitchen and eating! It is wrecking the good I do through out the day. I don't know why I do it but it's like it comforts me and I don't know how to break the habit!! Please somebody, tell me I am not alone and let me in on your tricks to shut the kitchen off at 8pm!

Replies

• JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    There are a few things I do to quite snacking after 8pm.
    ~Paint my nails
    ~Brush my teeth (the taste curbs about any cravings I'm having)
    ~Chew a piece of Gum
    ~Go Back to Bed

Good luck, night snacking its harder to curb. You can do this
  • kepania
    kepania Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks for your reply! I do so well but I go to bed, then wake up like 30 mins later and go get something to eat. Even before I can stop myself, I have food in my mouth. How can I stop myself from even getting up and going to the kitchen and just going back to sleep??
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Plan that late night snack into your daily calories. Then you can have it, and it won't set you back. When I was working with a nutritionist (registered dietitian at the hospital), she said there was no reason you can't have a late night snack if you want one, unless it upsets your stomach or sleep patterns. Obviously, if you've been eating that late already, that isn't an issue.

Seriously, just plan the snack calories into your day. When I was tracking before, and working with the nutritionist, I lost 16 lbs in 12 weeks, and that included late night eating. Sometimes, even as late as 10:00!

My big problem is I lose the weight, then I get lazy and gain it all back! lol
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 200 Member
    I do this almost every night! I wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and I go eat. I also find if I have a nap and wake up I do this. I agree that I don't really think it is the time of day that causes you to gain weight but probably just the fact that we are eating additional calories during the night. Sometimes I can avoid doing this but often it doesn't work. I know this hasn't helped you any but I hope it helps knowing you aren't the only one that does this!
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    I will do this also, but only if there are certain things in the kitchen.....like snack type foods. If I dont' buy them, they aint in my kitchen so I don't eat them!

But yeah, if there are good things to eat I WILL eat them at night. The best thing to do I found, is to plan your calories to include the night food.

Good luck to you,
This discussion has been closed.