HRM's

Options
Hi all,

Im looking into getting a HRM... Im after something that will contiously monitor HR and Cals throughout my workout, but really do not want to have to wear a transmitter belt (after having to wear 2 bras as I work out, I'd rather not restrict my chest further)

Can anyone suggest any good ones that are reasonably priced?

Many Thanks

Replies

• oOxXxOo
    oOxXxOo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have to wear two bras too and I find the belt sits just under it with the monitor tucked half up into my bra. Its not tight or any more restrictive.
    I have a suunto. Its was $100.
    It monitors HR and will give feedback about how long you worked out, your cals burned, how long you spent in each heart rate zone.
    I love mine. People pay hundreds of dollars but I only needed it for cardio in the gym, not riding or swimming.
    I dont really know of any HRM that dont have a chest strap unless you get a fitbit or something like that. I could be wrong though.

Hope that helps.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i think i saw a new one from nike that supposedly was the best wrist mounted heart rate monitor ever.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit and that does not include a HRM. I've been doing some research on HRMs and from what I can tell the ones that don't have the strap aren't particularly reliable.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    There are non-strap HRMs but I believe they are very expensive.

I just got a Polar FT4 and the strap is not very intrusive at all. You forget it's there once you're into the workout.
  • twinsmom03
    twinsmom03 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have a polar too! I was totally against getting one with a chest strap too but mine fits nicely and I forget I am wearing it :)
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys,

I know Polar have produced a non strap wrist monitor that contiously takes readings... but it is quite expensive.

I love all of your advice, so I think Ill give a belt a go... hopefully I find it as positive experience as all of you :)
    xxx
    :flowerforyou: