Feeling out of sorts

Options
While I have come a long ways since September I can not help but think I am not coin as well as I should. I know losing over 100lbs in less than a year is really great and that it will take time to lose my excess weight sometimes I find this journey hard. Sometimes I feel like there is not much support at home in this journey. Because of this I struggle. I know many would say look at the bigger picture of what I have done but the truth of the matter is when I started this journey it was not about getting down to a certain weight but rather a size 16/18 I have yet to lose enough weight to buy Clothes that fit well without going to a plus size store. This is so frustrating for me. I see the numbers on the scale going down but my hips just scream at me. I just wish I could target the areas I want to lose weight in. I know looking at me a bulk of my weight has come from my face and chest which just makes my hips look even bigger to me. I hate it and feel out of sorts.

Replies

• jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Your mood is temporary and will be better tomorrow. If you want to fix it tonite, exercise or working out might help. Did you get Zumba? I hear that's actually fun. I'd get a Wii if I had room. I sometimes put on some party music and "dance" in my living room
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Actually I go to zumba locally for 4.00 a class and I go to that once a week on top of going to the gym almost everyday
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    The only "advice" I can offer is that these feelings are totally normal. I feel it too, lately. Might I suggest some sunshine and fresh air? I'm leaving tomorrow for two weeks away from my family, by myself, and while I'm excited and I know I need it, I'm dreading it, too.

I get it, it's hard to see the big picture when the individual trees in front of you are so big. Hang in there. Ride this wave out until you feel back to yourself again. If you're afraid of losing control, then lock down what you can, do what you know works for you, and just try to be patient. "Fake it till you make it" might have to be your motto for a little while.

I wish I had better things to say to encourage you. I try not to tell anyone that I understand, unless I really do. In your case, I *think* I understand, and I definitely empathize with you. Feel free to add me if you want to talk from time to time.

In any case, best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:

edit: I'll actually be in your neck of the woods for my "vacation" -- small world!
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    First of all - congratulations on your progress so far! It's something you should be very proud of! It must have taken a lot of hard work and dedication.

Unfortunately we cannot control where the weight comes off - and generally it comes off from the top first.

Sorry you don't feel the support at home. Sometimes you have to ask for support. Since it's been a year your family may have got used to your weight loss routine - and even not noticed how much you lost as they see you everyday. Tell them how much the support means to you.

You can add me as a friend if you want more encouragement on here.
  • AlliBarlik
    AlliBarlik Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I know we've all felt that way. So we completely understand! I think you have done fantastic! You have obviously done something right! Hips are a hard area for me as well. I think the Zumba someone referenced is a good idea. I go at least 2 times a week. and I have heard that the more you move your hips and wiggle (heehee) that helps. I try so hard! LOL
    Just a thought, do you have a trainer or someone that could help you do some difference exercises that would help you target that area? Maybe you just need some toning. :wink: I know we can't spot reduce, but you definitely can tone those areas more.
    Keep up the great work! You will get there.
  • Fieldyvond
    Options
    Dont give up. I just had a quick look at your profile picture and the amount of weight you have lost and you have done amazingly!:smile:
  • kage5678
    kage5678 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Forget about how you look for a minute and think about how you feel, 100lbs is Huge you must feel so much better. You only spend a few minutes a day actually looking at yourself, you spend every minute feeling it.
    I can fully appreciate how frustrating it must be. For the most part my rule is if you are feeling sad and frustrated, exercise, exercise induced happy endorphins are better than any drug man can make :)
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness trying to type and it got erased how frustrating......in any case thank you everyone......please understand that I know I have come a long ways and am able to do so much more than what I have ever been able to do in the past. It still doesn't remove the feelings of wanting to be able to hit sales at target, kohls, j c penny, etc for clothing however due to my extreme pear shape I still don't fit.....if my hips were portion to my waist the way sizing states they should I would so be able to however my hips are 18 inches bigger than my waist. They say wide hips r great for having kids...I wouldnot know having pcos has made have kids an issue....of course with the help of fertility treatment that can be possible, however, that is costly...who the heck has between 10-15grand laying around per cycle to use for treatment....my state does not require insurance to cover these treatments.
    Trainer wise yes I do work with a trainer when my budget allows. If I could I would meet with them every day but right now when home (as we do a lot of camping in summer time) I meet with him 1-2 times a week. I wish my gym offered classes but it doesn't...the owner really isn't keen on moving to a bigger location and offering classes....she says we r to small of an area to do that....frankly I think she doesn't want the added work.....her husband wants to open another one in a different town but she doesn't...many of our current members comment to each other about the lack of classes just makes u wonder were her business sense is....the only other gym in town is at the high school and does not have very good hours or ac and I know myself well enough to know that if there is no ac I will not use in the summer.