Can someone review my food intake and work out plan

Options
Can someone review my food intake and work out plan

I'm an 18 year old guy weighing 207 and about 5 '10 tall

I started at 240 so have lost about 33lbs but all of a sudden weight loss is slowing down. In pretty good in the gym but if someone could look over my stuff I'd be great-full

Monday/Wednesday/Friday/Sunday

10 min cardio
I then do
Legs
Chest
Shoulders
Abbs
Back
*** I do as much weight as i can for as many reps as I can

Tuesday/Saturday
1km jog(couldn't even do 0.1km last week)
10 mins HIIT training on the bike and rower
15-20mins on elliptical machine
A run uphill on treadmill to finish

Diet- I don't know why but I never eat 1500 calories, I always have a few left, I feel like I'm binging if I eat it all and if I'm not hungry why eat?

A normal day would look like

10am
3egg whites
Coffee
Banana

Gym

12.30pm
Ham sandwich on brown bread

2pm
Go a head yogurt bar

4pm
Low calorie bar

6.30pm
Chicken breast with brown rice or tuna with salad or even just a cuppa soup if I've had allot during the day

10pm
Packet of low calorie crisps

Stats look like
17g fat
130g carbs
37g sugars
90g protein

Can anyone give me some advice

Replies

• kaiodedra123
    kaiodedra123 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oh and netting about 1200-1300 cal, I don't eat back the calories I've lost because I don't see the point, I thought you needed a calorie deficit
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    The calorie deficit is worked into your calorie goal if you set your current and goal weight. So you CAN eat back your calories and still lose weight. Generally weight loss will slow as you get closer to your goal weight.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    as far as m/w/f/su goes, it looks good... but can you be more specific?? i mean, you're just listing body parts and muscles groups.

it's good though, you are getting the five major movements and muscle groups in. if you are doing a circuit, a work out should include one push exercise, one pull, one for gluetes and hamstrings, one for quads, and one for the core.

so mondays work out might be something like push ups, lat pull downs, dead lifts, box jumps, and swiss ball crunches.

then wednesday you can do dumb bell bench press, dumb bell rows,step ups ,body weight squats, and planks.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/02/15/how-to-build-your-own-workout-routine/
  • IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds weird, but I don't think you're eating enough. If you plug in your stats here http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ it says you are eating way below your bmr. And I would up your protein to 1 gram per pound of lean body mass. For me thats 106g and I'm 5'5 and 130lbs so I imagine yours is much higher.
  • kaiodedra123
    Options
    Weight days
    Chest - bench press, pec fly, dumbells press( not really focused on chest)
    Legs - squats, dead lift, leg push, leg extensions, leg curls
    Back - lat pull down, dead lift and some others on the Lats machine
    These are the main ones.

And I don't think I'm eating enough too but I always go over my sugar. And I eat when I feel hungry. Maybe I should add to my breakfast?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    Weight days
    These are the main ones.

And I don't think I'm eating enough too but I always go over my sugar. And I eat when I feel hungry. Maybe I should add to my breakfast?

not all on the same day, right?

also, if you go over on sugar regularly, but consume a lot of fruit, thats okay. i eat a lot of fruit, and stopped tracking sugar a while ago.
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Weight days
    These are the main ones.

If you eat fruit you will go over on your sugar. The limit on MFP is really for added/processed sugar so most people ignore it.

I'd add some veggies in there myself. It'll give you more nutrients. And a piece of toast with breakfast maybe?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Not enough protein, not enough fat, not enough calories. You're an 18 year old male, right? You shouldn't be eating less than 1800 calories a day.

As for only eating when you feel hungry, hunger is a trained hormonal response that adapts to your habits.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Hey mate.

You need to calculate your macros somewhere good..

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

1g protein per bodyweight, at least .4g fat per bodyweight (lbs)

http://rippedbody.jp/2011/09/22/training-the-guide/ - Read this.

Fat is way too low, sugar does not matter (if you're in a caloric deficit and/or within your numbers).

What you eat doesn't matter, as long as you hit your goals.

Need anymore help pm me or post back.
  • kaiodedra123
    Options
    Yes all on the same day, kinda a circuit training day
  • kaiodedra123
    Options
    Eating 1800 even though I have about 30lbs more to lose? If so could ya give me any more advice on what to add to my diet
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    Avocado
  • kaiodedra123
    Options
    This website said my tdee was 3300, others have said its 2700?