Your not supposed to eat at your desk (IDEA'S PLEASE)

Options
1235»

Replies

• siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    but you can sneak something, what type of snacks would you suggest? I work in a doctor's office and not supposed to have food at your desk, so I am asking if anyone has any good ideas for snacking during that day that I can kinda hide but still get to snack.

Thank You

A couple of things: First, learn that YOUR is possessive, and YOU'RE is the contracted form of you are. Next, go to another room to have your snacks.

umm...I am not seeing the error, grammar nazi. First, learn to correct things that are actually incorrect. Next, QFT. :noway:

ETA I see now the TITLE is incorrect, but the paragraph is not. The above still applies.

QTF? And an error is an error, whether in the title or the paragraph. So what's wrong with correct spelling and grammar?
  • YearsWorthOfFAT
    Options
    Tbh i think that there are reasons youre not allowed to eat at your desk, especially as a doctor. Eat during lunchbreaks i'd say rather than sneaking around or talk with your supervisor.
  • keelerangela
    keelerangela Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have to laugh at all the ignorant people. The lady didn't ask you if it as okay to break the rules in her office.. she asked for ideas on easily hidden snacks.. God people are so quick to throw their two cents in when it clearly was not asked for. Seriously people.

I am a nurse I work 12s with no BREAKS so you damn right if I get the opportunity to eat, I'll do it anywhere that I can possibly do it, at the desk, at my computer while I am charting.
  • AutumnisBSB
    AutumnisBSB Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Unsalted almonds, String cheese, Protein shake, Protein bar, fruit cut up, veggie sticks
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I don't doubt that its a serious question but there has to be a reason that you are not supposed to eat at your desk. And because you work in a medical office it could be sanitation/safety issues that I would not want compromised. Talk to your office manager or the doctors to find out what the real issue is and how you can work it. Since you are allowed drinks, shakes would be a good option. You could eat packaged foods like protein bars if they don't want you touching food while you interact with patients. If its about having food laying out at the desk you could have small snacks that could be eaten quickly in a few bites. Or you could pop a handful of something in your mouth as you walk to the bathroom - granola, grapes, cheese cubes. Or eat larger meals. Once you understand the parameters you can figure put how to work within them.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I replied earlier about eating better meals. I understand this problem, I'm a hairdresser and I can't eat in front of shop, I'm on my feet all day and sometimes can't eat for 8 hours if I'm busy so not even lunch for me!

Eat high protein breakfast to keep you fuller. I usually have grilled Bacon or sausage with fried, poached or scrambled egg. Gets me through the morning more than anything else, sometimes that has to last me a day until dinner.

The main reason I can't eat infront of clients... It look unprofessional.
  • JanMarie2BHealthy
    Options
    I, too, for over 20 years worked in a physician's office. Food at our desk was not allowed because certain smells of food can really bother someone who is not feeling well. Imagine being sick to your stomach and smelling some odd microwave meal. Also, food was prohibited due to "accidents and spills" on medical records. We could, however, have dry snacks displayed on our desks for sharing and munching. Maybe your office might consider a dry snack display ? We had all sorts of things: M&Ms, pretzels, jelly beans, mints, hard candies, small rice cakes, and my personal favorite a glass jar full of small shredded wheat squares - the shredded wheat squares ended up being a staff favorite *L*. Cleanliness and hygiene always a priority as you know..so spoons were available for scooping out the treats. Our office FINALLY did allow this system because the physicians ran late frequently (cardiologists) and some lunches had to be postponed and a lot of overtime. Good luck. But I would not sneak because with my luck I would get caught *L*
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    but you can sneak something, what type of snacks would you suggest? I work in a doctor's office and not supposed to have food at your desk, so I am asking if anyone has any good ideas for snacking during that day that I can kinda hide but still get to snack.

Thank You

If you are not allowed to eat at your desk, why do you want to snack, its the same eating, whether its nuts, crackers, apple, smoothie - its all boils down to you will still be eating at your desk.

F the rules! Eat at your desk! I say some nuts or cut up fruit!

And start looking for another job whilst eating your nuts or cut up fruit.
  • atiana19
    atiana19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    There is a bar called KIND it has a low sugar nuts and chocolate flavor that is great and only 200 calories