Full body DUMBELL workouts

Options
13»

Replies

• MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    You can check out this website http://www.dumbbell-exercises.com/
    And ignore what :tragalicious is saying....
    Some people don't realize that our effort and dedication towards losing weight has brought us to MFP not the other way round...!!
    Yes, ignore what I'm saying. I obviously know nothing about weight loss.

It's a month stall. We know NOTHING about what the OP is doing other than wanting to incorporate lifting.

How much are they eating? How long have they been stalled? There's too much information MISSING for any specific and wonderful advice. What's their TDEE? BMR? Activity levels aside from lifting?

and for god's sake, my name is on the screen..

Personally, I'd listen to this guy...he's lost more weight than the majority of you posting! He obviously is on to something!

How much weight he's lost has nothing to do with jumping to conclusions and shutting people down.
    The assumption that you can't possibly have hit a plateau if you've only just joined MFP is wrong. It's not the end of the world. "My bad" and move on is what's called for, not defensiveness.

OP, I second Scooby's site. Good stuff.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Try the jefit app, also go to the website jefit.com and choose either your own regimen by clicking exercises for the different muscle groups, or select one of the pre-selected workouts.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Some people don't realize that our effort and dedication towards losing weight has brought us to MFP not the other way round...!!

It's a month stall. We know NOTHING about what the OP is doing other than wanting to incorporate lifting.

How much are they eating? How long have they been stalled? There's too much information MISSING for any specific and wonderful advice. What's their TDEE? BMR? Activity levels aside from lifting?

Personally, I'd listen to this guy...he's lost more weight than the majority of you posting! He obviously is on to something!

How much weight he's lost has nothing to do with jumping to conclusions and shutting people down.
    The assumption that you can't possibly have hit a plateau if you've only just joined MFP is wrong. It's not the end of the world. "My bad" and move on is what's called for, not defensiveness.

OP, I second Scooby's site. Good stuff.

Wow, really? Shut someone down? Based on the info that WAS PROVIDED BY THE OP when I responded, it was apt. At one month (as far as we knew) that wasn't a plateau. I'm not apologizing for giving advice based on the information I was given. Wanna scold someone?
    Scold the OP and the thousands of others that don't post enough information when they come to the forums day in and day out. Or the folks that don't do their on footwork to figure out what they need to eat, but just blindly trust the app.

I swear, the more time I spend on these forums trying to help people out, the more I see forum defenders showing up just to defend someone that doesn't need defending.. because there aren't any attacks going on in the first place.

OP, if you're still here and still reading through all of the "I'M BATMAN! DEFENDER OF THE OP" posts, this is what you really need:
    L9ldZqJ.png
    Those and scooby's. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE lifting, but that isn't what causes you to lose weight. If you aren't losing weight, there's something off in your calculation. Accurately measure your intake, estimate -as close as you can- what you're burning when you're going all cardio-gung-ho, and then wait. At that point, it's just a mathematical equation.

But like others have said, I clearly know absolutely nothing about losing weight or maintaining loss.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Oh, trog. That's just not as easy as the raspberry ketones and the master cleanse and the plastic wrap and the magic whatchamacallit shakes that cost a zillion dollars.
  • Rotten_Apple
    Rotten_Apple Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Bump. Great info.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    this thread looks like fun
    Hello all,

I am finally started to add weight lifting to my routine again as I've hit a bit of a plateau with my weight loss

You just signed up last month. It isn't a plateau.

my honest opinion? assumptions were made. incorrect assumptions. i think all would be best served by this thread continuing to be hijacked over this one little issue. because i'm bored. so please everyone, continue
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You can do squats, deadlifts, bench press, ohp with dumbbells. You can also add in things like lunges. You will of course not be able to squat as much weight while holding onto dumbbells as you would with a barbell, but it's better than nothing.

Actually, with dumbbells, consider pistol squats rather than traditional. Those are hard enough to do even unweighted...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    It depends on your goals, but AllPro is a good one. I did a thread that shows how you can adapt to DBs.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/902569-barbell-routines-when-you-only-have-dumbbells

For AllPro: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843&page=1

This is what I'm doing now. I like it so far. Today will be week 2, day 3 for me.
  • Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
  • JskC1893
    JskC1893 Posts: 156 Member
    Options

:D
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Bump for when I'm allowed to start picking up heavy stuff again (Iliosacral Strain)
  • talaysia3
    talaysia3 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Bump for the great links, routines & suggestions in this thread - thank you all! I do almost all my strength training at home with dumbells, I love the convenience!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Bump!

There's some good stuff here.