MFP friends :-)

Options
Hey

Today is my first day - I'm aiming to loose 40lbs approx, if anyone has any motivational words feel free to add me :-) xx

Replies

• BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Here's my suggestion:

Figure out your TDEE and take a moderate cut from it.

Eat at that level for a few weeks, and adjust your calorie goal up or down as needed.

Do resistance training so that you retain your muscles and lose mostly fat. Do some cardio-type stuff if you enjoy it.

Be patient.

:flowerforyou: This is what I've been doing since January and it's working great. The rest is noise. :flowerforyou:
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP family.

Feel free to add me if you wish :)

Best of luck on your journey.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

I personally feel the biggest and most important advice I can give is to stay persistent. You will fall off the track. You might not see the results as soon, or even at all for a while. You might try a workout and not like it and wanna give up. Don't. Just keep pushing.

If you eat too much one day. Don't say "oh well, there goes the week". No. Keep persistent. Start again TODAY.
    If you don't like a workout. Try something else. Don't just sit around.
    If you don't see results, stay persistent. I have lost my weight in over 1.5 years. For that duration, thats a small amount. But thats fine because in between I feel a lot and had to pick it back up. And now I am in a habit of eating right and working out.

The second best advice, surround yourself with people who will motivate you and educate you and inspire you. Everytime I fell, I had people push me and I try to do the same for them.

Wish you all the best. Stay persistent! :)
  • ijohn001
    ijohn001 Posts: 166
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. :-) You can add me, too if you like. I do post some things that are a bit off the wall at times, that's just my sense of humor. But I like to encourage and be encouraged. :noway:
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

I personally feel the biggest and most important advice I can give is to stay persistent. You will fall off the track. You might not see the results as soon, or even at all for a while. You might try a workout and not like it and wanna give up. Don't. Just keep pushing.

If you eat too much one day. Don't say "oh well, there goes the week". No. Keep persistent. Start again TODAY.
    If you don't like a workout. Try something else. Don't just sit around.
    If you don't see results, stay persistent. I have lost my weight in over 1.5 years. For that duration, thats a small amount. But thats fine because in between I feel a lot and had to pick it back up. And now I am in a habit of eating right and working out.

The second best advice, surround yourself with people who will motivate you and educate you and inspire you. Everytime I fell, I had people push me and I try to do the same for them.

Wish you all the best. Stay persistent! :)

This is all kinds of awesome.
  • joergwb
    joergwb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in my second week now. Feel free to add me if you like. I log in every day.

Awesome advice by taunto btw!