Looking to get healthy to live a quality life.

Options
This is my first time tracking everything that I eat, and it has been pretty fun and eye opening, and myfitnesspal is a great program for that. Last week we started a weight loss challenge at work, I have not ate out, drank any soda, sweet tea. I would go out to eat for every lunch before and would work very minimally. I started off at 389.6lbs on Tuesday September 7, 2010. When we started this I started eating breakfast which usually consists of eating a weight control oatmeal, and a 90 bagel with weight watchers cream cheese and a small piece of 97% fat free ham, my lunches consist of a salad with an italian spritzer dressing, 2 baked chicken tenders and a cup of low fat cottage cheese, and dinners consist of chicken, low fat (fake potatoes) made with water and microwaved. I have also started doing cardio excersice, so today I am at the one week point and I went and weighed myself and I had only lost less than a tenth of a lb. I was devestated!! If I do not see results I get very discouraged. Does anybody have any tips for excersing, food intake, and stuff like that to be able to lose weight. I would appreciate all the help.

Replies

• MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Have diet drinks. I drink alot of tea, and there was over 100 calories just in one glass. By switching to Diet swiss ice tea, since there is zero calories, I got alot out of my diet. Also keep in mind. you have to cut 500 calories a day do lose 1lbs a week. Well 500 calories seems like alot. but really just cut 250 calories out of food, and exercise burning 250 calories. its not so bad when you look at it that way. You should see the weight slowly come off.
  • srobert510
    Options
    Congratulations, you lost weight last week. Just stick with it. I highly suggest drinking the 8 glasses of water per day. After a couple of days you will find you flushed a couple of pounds right there. Don't give up after one week.
  • amyfly
    amyfly Posts: 137
    Options
    Weigh yourself at the same time every time you do it - weight can fluctuate up to a few pounds throughout the day... and make sure you're not going too far under your calorie goal - you won't burn as much fat if your not getting enough fuel to do it, your body will opt for burning off muscle instead and store the fat. Other than that the only advice I can offer is be patient and stick with it - it will work and it is worth it! Best of luck!
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Sorry but I disagree about the diet drinks – drink water. It's calorie free and doesn't have all the fake sugars that will mess around with your blood sugar levels :o)
  • cberen
    Options
    Water is the best --- I like to slice up lemons and limes to put in a big jug to carry around all day. Tastes great and drinking that much water fills you up too!