feeling a bit dizzy

Options
Have been feeling a bit dizzy recently - eating about 1000 calories a day no for 3 months is anyone else eating this amount for a similar amount of time?

Replies

• AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    That's simple! You're eating too little. You need atleast 1200 cals/day. I bet your blood sugar is low.
  • DoreenN
    Options
    1000 calories a day is not enough. You should probably be eating at least 1200. If you are working out you should be eating even more than that. Your body isnt getting enough food and energy.
  • Tammyblack
    Tammyblack Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    thank you I think you are tight I am not really working out just walking quite a bit more than normal
  • Holy crap! I eat 1000 calories at breakfast time alone. Eat more.
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You're welcome. Log your walking as exercise and eat some of those calories too. You don't want to lose all of your weight(which I see you've lost 33 lbs, GREAT job) and then gain it back and then some because you were starving, which leads to binging. :smile:
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Unless you're right around 5 feet or shorter, that's waaaay too low. As said above, EAT MORE, and don't go under 1200 cals per day, and seriously consider eating every exercise calorie you burn (it all works out, as you're already eating at a deficit.)

Eat quality, healthful, nutritious foods... not junk, and get your proteins and fibers in. It will help tremendously. Dizzy is NOT good.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, eat more.

I eat about 1400-1500 calories a day NET (which means I'm eating 1400-2000 total calories) and I'm continuing to lose weight after losing about 80 pounds in the last year. I'm 5'4" tall so don't fool yourself into thinking you can't eat that much & lose weight. :smile:

I was eating 1200 cals a day and exericising A LOT this time last year. It took 4 months for my body to really freak out about me starving myself. I began feeling weak and dizzy and my weight loss slowed WAY down (pretty much stopped). It has taken me 8 months to nurse my metabolism back.
  • Tammyblack
    Options
    I don't really feel hungry much of the time on the 1000 but I do sometimes have a day off a week - well done with the 30lbs it's a real milestone - I have found this site amazxing for loosing weight and teaching me about my food
  • Tammyblack
    Options
    wow - you have done really well - I am 5' 8'' - just found I wan't loosing weight when eating over 1200 and find exercising other than walking unsustainable!
  • Tammyblack
    Options
    I bet you've burnt those calories by 11am!