any vegan friends?

Options
I'm officially starting my life off as a vegan today and would really appreciate being friends with some other vegans on here (so I can creep in your food journals and get ideas haha). Even if you're not a vegan and know of some vegan recipes, share them! I need all of the help that I can get!

Replies

• jeredlbb
    Options
    Hi xBlinkiiix,

I am largely vegan, which means I am not vegan I guess (I add an occasional piece of fish for increased protein due to heavy workout demands, but I never eat dairy.).

But, I thought I would tell you about a cookbook I bought a few days ago that I really like. Veganomican. It is the best vegan cookbook I have by far. The ladies that wrote it are fun and entertaining.

I have some recipes as Word docs that I have collected that I would be happy to send if you would like.

Good Luck,
    Jered
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm a new vegetarian who is working towards a vegan diet, for the health benefits :) Right now I eat no meat, have cut back on eggs to 1-2 a week and then dairy is down to cheese maybe once a week.It's a process to make the change over, and I'm having a lot of fun with it!
  • metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Pinterest, yo!!
  • therunninghippie
    therunninghippie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and I eat at least 50% raw! :) feel free to add! Many of my meals are vegan.
  • julien999
    julien999 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was Vegan for 15 years now I'm simply a vegetarian. Must have milk for my tea and the occasional egg thats about it.
  • AmandaForKeeps
    AmandaForKeeps Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian but 99% of my meals/snacks are vegan. Feel free to add me. I log daily :)
  • mariecurie88
    mariecurie88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 100% vegan. Feel free to hit me up. One of my favorite haunts is "Oh, She Glows." Love her recipes, and they are mostly budget friendly. Vegan is not difficult at all, and can be done with a budget, I know, I'm a broke grad student.
  • lbatton
    lbatton Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started my vegan life yesterday. I started adding more fruits, vegetables and grains to my diet over the past year. I also juice as often as possible and do a 7 day juice cleanse quarterly. Please feel free to check out my Vegan recipe board on Pintrest. There are plenty of recipes on the site. Also, the Forks over Knives cookbook has some great recipes.
  • 311pilgrims
    Options
    I'm vegetarian and have been for 7 years. I try to be as vegan as possible, but I really need to break my sweet addiction, which is another story completely :) . I'm always trying to pack more fruits and vegetables into my diet but I'd love to meet fellow vegetarians and vegans to recipe share and motivate one another!
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    Pinterest, yo!!

Pinterest is the best!!!

I went vegetarian about a month ago and I feel wonderful!!! Not sure I can go total vegan but just the fact that I have eliminated meat had made a huge difference. Please send me a request :)
  • Azzne1
    Azzne1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a new mostly vegetarian. Meat is scaled back to once a week or so but we are working on introducing non animal forms of protein... Its a fun transition although the children are taking offense to the change up on food.... no more meat, side, side style meals. I imagine they'll adjust and in the long run be glad they were exposed to the many variations of flavor and texture that exist. It would be neat to share ideas! I love the cookbook Clean Eating. Interesting and informative!