Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How do you stay motivated?

Hey all,

I have been struggling with my weight since i was a teenager at age 18 i reached my highest weight which was 147 kg. I was sick of being fat so i decided to lose the weight through eating less and increasing my physical activity.

I am 24 now and my weight is 90 kilo, i still need to lose around 15 kilo more which is why i joined a gym.I started doing cardio and weight lifting and my trainer tells me to eat healthy and not bother with dieting. It's been a month now and i have only lost half a kilo of fat.

It's really frustrating to lose so little body fat in a month when i go the gym 4 days a week in the morning and eat healthy, while my whole family who are overweight make hamburgers at night. It's like i am putting effort in changing things and i get little out of it.

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    whats wrong with hamburgers??

and i stay motivated by signing up and training for races. gives me a goal and a date to be prepared on, and helps me focus on my training.
  • hyzlet
    hyzlet Posts: 6 Member
    Have you taken your measurements lately to see if you have lost inches, just not weight? If you're working with a trainer, it's possible (likely, even) that if you're working hard and you aren't cutting back on calories that much, you're gaining some muscle. This usually means you won't see such a dramatic drop in scale weight.

I stay motivated for different reasons than some others might. My weight gain wasn't a bad thing, in fact it was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. I gained 60ish lbs after I entered recovery from my eating disorder. And it was wonderful, and it was a struggle, but it happened. And yes, it made me very overweight, but now I have all the time in the world to lose it healthily and happily.

Remember that you're doing this to make yourself happy, and learn to love your body for all the wonderful things it can do!