New to this; need new friends; support and motivation.

Options
Hi everyone!! My name is Jarry 29 in New Jersey. I've NEVER done this before; never been the type to write the things I eat or calorie counting. Guess that's why I've never been successful at loosing weight. So everything is pretty new to me. I'm looking to loose 100 pounds woo!! That's going to be a lot of work! But I'm so ready to get healthy and start being active like I use to be. So if you have any advise for me that would be great!! I'm so looking forward to making new friends and being apart of something that people struggle with and I'm not the only one.
Thanks for reading :) hope to hear from you!!!

Replies

• tnpxx
    tnpxx Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me! I'm 19 and have 90 pounds left to lose (down from 102). As for advice, don't be hard on yourself if you slip up because everyone does every now and again! Don't deprive yourself of foods you love, just eat them in moderation. I absolutely love ice cream but not I let myself have a normal sized portion about every 2 weeks. Make sure your getting enough protein, especially from lean meats like turkey and chicken. Try to make most of your carbs come from fruits and veggies and a minimum from grains. When you eat grains, choose whole grain options rather than white. And WATER WATER WATER! Water is extremely important and will help keep your system flushed of all the bad nasty things! MFP suggests at least 8 glasses, I personally aim for half my body weight in ounces so around 12 cups is standard for me. Start small with working out and work your way up and before you know it you'll be doing things you never thought you could do!

Oh and get a food scale and measure out all your portions! You'd be surprised at how much we over eat by measuring our portions by sight!

Good luck on your journey!
  • poohbear1958
    poohbear1958 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - can give you support.
  • JarryIvette
    JarryIvette Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That's great! Congrats on your weight lost! Thank you! I will definitely do that. Is hard for me to eat like they say you should (breakfast ; lunch and dinner) cause I don't get hungry until like 7pm and I know that's when I consumed all my calories. And I LOVE chocolate! Lol I cant just have one piece I have to have it all! Bad bad bad lol thanks again.
  • bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I used this tool (http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/) to set my calorie limit. Loosing weight is really about changing how and what you eat and drink. Good luck!
  • joergwb
    joergwb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Jarry! I'm also pretty new here and need to lose a 100 pounds, too. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I log in daily and will support you. :smile: