Bad Marriage? Mistress?

Options
124»

Replies

• sherry_80
    sherry_80 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't think the teacher cares, unless your kid has behavioral problem. I never worn a wedding ring and i haven't been asked or told anything about my status. I have 3 schools to attend this year for open house. They don't, its not there job, they have enough just taking care of kids.
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    Honestly, people just don't care that much about you, sorry to say! :happy:

WOW! I think that sounds a little less than supportive. I'm hoping you didn't mean to sound like that, but I think we are all here to support one another and to boost self-esteem.

:huh:

I say, do what feels comfortable for you, but I also know how you feel. When one of the stones in my husband's wedding band came out, he went almost a month without it. Once we got it back, he didn't put it on for 3 days and it upset me. I don't care if it did or didn't upset anyone else. I just know that I will never take my rings off...but that's just me. You are such a great Mom and your husband loves you! That's all you need to know. *Hugs!* Hope all goes well at the Open House!

Oh, and STRUT your skinny *kitten* self right in there and if anyone says anything proudly say that you have lost so much weight that they don't fit anymore. We love you, and that's ALL that matters here on the boards! :smooched:
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    you have lots of replies so I didn't read all of them but in case this was left out go to any mall to any jewely store and for a few dollars (most times even free) they can resize it right there (it takes like 2 seconds) case closed.
  • Melitious
    Options
    I wouldn't stress about it. But, then again, my husband doesn't wear his ring, because it is incredibly bent -- and, he doesn't like to wear it at work, because he's afraid he's going to "deglove" himself if it gets caught on a car. Like a few others have said, I don't think that many people are going to look that closely. And, I certainly hope that no one has the gall to come up and ask what the deal is. Most people will probably be focused on their kids and the teachers. Hope you're feeling better about it all.
  • Dremelius
    Options
    I agree that you are worrying way too much. My husband hasn't worn a wedding ring in years. Do people think that he is playing the field because he doesn't wear a ring? I don't know, nor do I care. I don't always wear my wedding ring either. If you want to wear your wedding ring, wrap some tape around it or get an inexpensive ring to wear in its place. Remember, a ring doesn't make a marriage.
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I think you should act like his mistress at the open house, and see what the reaction from everyone is :flowerforyou: Though I would suggest warning the kiddo so they're not surprised.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    If you really want to wear your band, get a simple chain in a similar metal and wear your ring on a necklace. If anyone asks, you can brag a little about how far you've come! :happy:
  • MakeLifeBright
    Options
    I did not think so many people would respond. Nor did I think people would get ignorant with me.
    Several email messages were sent to me. That were not kind at all.
    For a place of support, people can be quite hurtful.

Thank you for a positive comment, and for those that do care and gave an honest answer to me.

I went to the school tonight. It was packed!!! My husband wore his ring.
    I did not worry about mine . My Daughter had a wonderful time.

Yet, think again about people not caring what I am doing.
    A lady I do not know, asked how many children I had. I told her just our Daughter lives with us.
    She looked at me very strange, then said" well, I am very sorry!"
    Why are you sorry? "Because, you only have one.Children should always have brothers and sisters.
    It is selfish of the parents to only have one child!"

I was ready for some one to ask about a ring, but not about why I have only one child!!
    Grr People annoy me.
    Thank goodness for tomorrows

I can not wait to go back home to visit next summer. It has been 3 years since I have seen my family.
    I am missing my Life back home, friends, and family so much today!!

Yet, I am thankful for my MFP friends =0)
  • redcoop22
    Options
    I have to agree....Go to wal mart and get a cheap ring if it is a big deal for u. I wear my ring and feel naked without it. I like most feel like u r worried about this WAY to much...focus on ur daughter and her teacher....If u volunteer she(teacher) could care less if u r the wife or the mistress!!!!!! LOL
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear your daughter had a wonderful time!:flowerforyou:

In the end what matters most is how we feel about ourselves!:heart: We have no control over another's behaviors or thoughts, that's their 'stuff'. When we too worry to much about what others think about this or that we give away our power and allow them control.

I think it's something we all work on to varying degrees:drinker:
  • NH_1970
    Options
    I did not think so many people would respond. Nor did I think people would get ignorant with me.

Thank you for a positive comment, and for those that do care and gave an honest answer to me.

A lady I do not know, asked how many children I had. I told her just our Daughter lives with us.
    Why are you sorry? "Because, you only have one.Children should always have brothers and sisters.

I was ready for some one to ask about a ring, but not about why I have only one child!!
    Grr People annoy me.

I can not wait to go back home to visit next summer. It has been 3 years since I have seen my family.

Luckily this site has a BLOCK option if people are emailing you ugly messages. and Don't worry about what that lady said about kids needing another sibling, I have a 13 year old and she's only one child and she's doing Just FINE! The proof is in the pudding I have a FANTASTIC! and smart lovely child that gets along with her friends well and makes new ones easily, if you have a great kid then you're doing fine. I hope you get back to see your family soon, sounds like you could use some extra kindness and support outside of your immediate circle.
  • MakeLifeBright
    Options

Grr People annoy me.

Luckily this site has a BLOCK option if people are emailing you ugly messages. and Don't worry about what that lady said about kids needing another sibling, I have a 13 year old and she's only one child and she's doing Just FINE! The proof is in the pudding I have a FANTASTIC! and smart lovely child that gets along with her friends well and makes new ones easily, if you have a great kid then you're doing fine. I hope you get back to see your family soon, sounds like you could use some extra kindness and support outside of your immediate circle.

Thank you =0)
  • NH_1970
    Options
    Thank you =0)
    You're welcome :flowerforyou: