Does the Fitbit One work with iPad2?

Options
Kadje
Kadje Posts: 50 Member
I'm not good with technology. Thinking of buying a Fitbit One but only have iPad2. I read that the Fitbit syncs automatically with iPad 3 but not 2. Can the information from the Fitbit be uploaded manually to the iPad 2? I'm not going to replace my iPad at this time.

Replies

• Kadje
    Options
    Bump
  • wideeyedla
    wideeyedla Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Nope. You have to sync it to your computer. Ticked me off a little. I have an iPad 2 and an iPhone 4, and it wouldn't work with either. But then the dogs ate it any way. Expensive dog treat ;)
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Works with my iPhone 5. Haven't tried my iPads.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Off topic, but my dog ate my fitbit, well chewed it into several pieces. I wrote a heartfelt letter to fitbit and they sent me a new one. Complimentary.
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Go to Fitbit Group on Community.
    We have Fitbit Group there, someone may be able to answer your question better.
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You can get the data from the app or website on the iPad but no you cannot sync it :( I can only sync mine through my Mac. When I first got it I would sync all the time but now it's not such a hassle. When you are within a certain distance of the "dongle" it will sync it too so you don't have to do a manual sync.

Hope this helps :)
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Nope only iPad 3. Works with iphone 4s too. I never got the wireless to work from my computer either.
  • Kadje
    Options
    Thanks everyone, for your advice! I have an old laptop that has Bluetooth, so I can try that. If all else fails I'll put it on my hubby's newer iPad. I will join the Fitbit group when my Fitbit arrives. It was shipped today. I don't have a dog, so it should be safe with me, lol!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, for your advice! I have an old laptop that has Bluetooth, so I can try that. If all else fails I'll put it on my hubby's newer iPad. I will join the Fitbit group when my Fitbit arrives. It was shipped today. I don't have a dog, so it should be safe with me, lol!

It has a little piece that plugs into the computer that makes it sync so I don't think your computer actually needs bluetooth. But the others were correct - it won't sync with the ipad 2. I still have the app on my ipad but it doesn't sync.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    It won't sync with a laptop via Bluetooth - you need to use the dongle.
    Re syncing with mobile devices, the device hardware/firmware must support BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) in order to sync. iPad 3 and Mini, iPod Touch 5, iPhone 4s or 5. In my experience, the device must also be conmected to a wireless network to sync. And there's no Android app yet, although one's been "coming soon" since December or so.