Hi, am new here

Options
I am 32 years old and am a mother of 4. Am so tired of searching into my closet for what will not show my stomach, and am so so tired of crying in myself. I am a person who don't have motivation but want to try with the help of new friends.

Replies

• arassely
    arassely Posts: 12
    Options
    You've come to the right place. Everyone here is very supportive! This is my third day here and so far everyone have been very encouraging. I didn't like the image staring back at me from the mirror and decided that enough was enough. this site keeps me motivated because everyone is so open about their weight, goals and emotions. You can do it! We will all motivate you! Feel free to add me.
  • adobeastella
    Options
    Thank you very much.
  • proudmommyof4angels
    Options
    you will get all the support u need here...keep an eye on the message board...very motivational. add me if you like
  • amandaruff13
    amandaruff13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welyou have deffinately come to the right place!!! If you can get the mobile app do it!! :D Its free and has been a huge boost for me over the last few days. Also with a busy schedule its easier to add foods, and do check ins!!

First off you need to put a major smile on because guess what?!! Your making a positive change....with every pound your self esteem and confidence will grow!! :D

Don't give up to quickly especially if you've had a bad day......I personally just blew almost 1200 calories just on my lunch! UGH! Oh and thanks to my stress/emotional eating I ate ice cream too...lol....So even on tough days we still need to find a positive..... you woke up, your kids are happy & healthy and the sun is shining....if you have at least the first one....its gunna be a good day!!

Feel free to message me if you ever need to vent!!
  • Magdaloonie
    Magdaloonie Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I joined this site for the tracking but it turned out that the forums and the friends I have made here are just as important. I have a ways to go yet but I started just like you - every morning getting dressed was soooo depressing! Now, I can see the progress and I feel pretty good! You will too. I am sending you a friend request.
  • Pinkee33
    Pinkee33 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add for motivation and support.... I think we all have been there with our closets! lol OR at least I have, if I could only clear out what is too tight {that I'm hoping to fit back into before it goes out of style}, I'd seriously need to do some shopping :bigsmile:
  • Andie1211
    Options
    Hello all. Not new to myfitnesspal. I've been using the app on my phone for the past 6 months or so but this is the first time I've been on the website/forums.

I started out at just around 300 pounds, maybe 302. Gained all that weight slowly over the years since high school and after having three kids. I indulged in poor eating habits and I did no exercise and boy did I despise myself on a daily basis. Now in my forties, I've decided not to feel trapped by my weight any longer. I need to be healthy for myself, my kids, and my husband in that order. I've been losing weight for exactly a year now and just this past week I dropped below the 200 threshold. Big, huge thing for me mentally!

I'm at 197 now and my goal is 140 so I still have a ways to go. I hope to be there by next February or so. Losing weight through better food choices and exercising every day has changed everything. I feel like a different person and myfitnesspal has helped immensely as I feel like I'm accountable to myself now by checking in daily and logging my food and exercise.

I just want to say hi to everyone and affirm that weight loss of over 100 pounds (104 so far!) is indeed possible without surgery. It is hard but not impossible if you set small achievable goals and knock them down one at a time. Best wishes to everyone out there and thank you to myfitnesspal for providing this great resource.
  • abitofpassion
    Options
    Hi I'm new here. My name is Dominique. I am trying to start clean eating and eating healthy overall. Please add me so that we can help each other on this losing journey.
  • dkirkling
    dkirkling Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a motivational buddy.
  • cpego1
    cpego1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I use this site for motivation everyday! Hang in there add me as a friend. I will be happy to motivate you and be there for you when your are down. Always try and look on the bright side of life!! You can begin here.
  • dar9757
    dar9757 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! I hope you meet your goals and I am here to give encouragement and I also receive plenty from all my friends on here. Add me if you like, good luck!!
  • nanaboo88
    nanaboo88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome! I hope you can achieve all your goals this app is awesome!! Feel free too add me and we can help motivate each other! :)
  • juleekh
    juleekh Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey all! Julee here. I knew I had a weight problem and tried everything under the sun. Now it's time for myfitnesspal. I decided it was time to do something about being FAT! Yes, I am FAT. I hate that word. Growing up I was always the slimmest one in my family. Now? Not so much. My sister had the gastric bypass a few years ago and is gaining weight back. I do not want to go that route. I do not want surgery! I would go out for lunch everyday with a co-worker. That, not only is effecting my weight, but is getting way to expensive! I'd be rich if I ate at home! So! Two days in a row now I have eaten at home. I treat my self to McD's once every morning as I love their coffee. Yeah, weird. But I like it. Yesterday morning I stepped on the scale and about threw it right out the window. Me weigh 240 pounds? ME? How did that happen? Oh, I like food! And all the bad food out there and then some. I love Mexican food. I can never get enough of it. Yesterday my friend and I ate inside at work, then we went for a 20 minute walk. Yeah, only 20 minutes. Let me tell you, that was one long walk when you are used to it. I walked the dogs a little further tonight. A little further every night now. Trying to work up to a mile. Then, maybe 2 miles, then maybe 3 miles.

Anyway, now you know a little about me. Let's all do this together and become fit!

Julee
  • littleone65
    littleone65 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hi, this is my first day here. I also just bought a fitbit,wish me luck!!
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: you have come to the right site! i am sending you a friend request so we can encourage & support each other!