Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Drama after a workout

Kittyvicious1
Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
I hate after I workout and feeling great BS happens. So I wkout, shower, eat, as I begin to relax I get a phone call from my mother.My mother calls and ask for the saxaphone she "Bought" for my son's bday a few years ago $3000. Apparently it is a rent to own and she stopped paying on it in Jan and owes $390. My mom has fallen behind in all her pymts since she retired and dad got ill. Now if I was wking I would pay it off, hence my son uses it. But, she continues to make pymts on my nephews computer with no complaints or help from my sister. Oh and to top that off the person who tried to collect the sax threaten to file theft charges with the police. I told that SOB he was full of it and I will sue his company if he threatens us again with those ilegal tactics. The nerve people have thinking people are unaware of their legal rights. Now he can take me to civil court or file collections. I wish I recorded him, then I would for sure sue for harrasment and mental anxiety, especially putting my mother through more stress she does not need.

By the way, I rant here because 1) My mom dont need to here my pity complaint and 2) she is stressed to her limits 3) Im too nice to bother her with it. IDK.

Thanks for hearing me out, I can now get ob with my day.

Replies

• msladydove
    msladydove Posts: 33 Member
    You sound like me.... I need a place to rant. It seems once I get it out I can move on a little bit better. My emotions does effect the way I eat sometimes. So I say, keep ranting if you need!!! Just consider us friends with BIG ears...LOL :)
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    sorry about your son's Sax but I think a blog would be a better place to rant.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member

Why?
  • Kittyvicious1
    I just prefer the BS to happen before I workout that way I can get it all out during my wkout
    Thanks for the support.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Your mom is not working & your dad is ill, and they are falling behind. If it were me, I'd make the payments on the sax or return it. My parents' well being would be more important to me than a sax. And it seems to me that the company trying to repossess the sax has the right to do so.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Your mom is not working & your dad is ill, and they are falling behind. If it were me, I'd make the payments on the sax or return it. My parents' well being would be more important to me than a sax. And it seems to me that the company trying to repossess the sax has the right to do so.

^^ this.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member

This! You seem a bit entitled....the fact that you mention that they continue to pay on your nephews computer and the illegal tactics. Your parents can prioritize their limited funds however they wish. They don't owe you anything. And as far as the rent to own....if you did not pay in full, it is not legally yours.

Not trying to be rude, but you could use some perspective from what I read here.
  • Kittyvicious1
    Well the drama is behind me now, I called my husband who works out of town and he sent me money to pay it off. Glad to put it behind me and this will be the last time I allow my mother to buy such an expensive gift for my son.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Please please PLEASE! Consider your budget or get on one. I understand you parents are in trouble but please, live within your means.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member

You beat me to it.

We have blogs on here, I wish people would use them more for this kind of thing. I get that you are frustrated and upset with the situation but a blog post is usually a better option.

either way sorry you are having a rough time, have you tried calling the place you rent to own from explain the situation and see if they will work with you? It has been my experience that people are more likely to work with you if you communicate with them than if you just lapse in paying things.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Glad you got it resolved, OP.

But in the future, remember that your parents are in tough financial straits. Also, what they do for another member of the family has nothing to do with you.
  • sgha58
    sgha58 Posts: 22 Member
    Agree.
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Hope he has learnt to play some blues cos looks like he's going to need it :frown:
  • Later, you are going to need to rant about this thread at another forum. It would have been easier to pay the balance, instead of starting a thread about it.