Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred?

Options
I've bee working out 4-5x/wk doing Shaun T Cardio workouts...Someone told me to check out the Jillian Michael videos on youtube. Does anyone know if the 30 day shred works? Thought about testing it myself but wasn't sure if I would be wasting my time with it.

Replies

• Lmccormick100
    Lmccormick100 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have done her workouts and they kick my butt! I am in decent shape and I am dying by the end of them. Jillian is annoying, and I usually find myself cursing her name multiple times during the workout. But in my personal experience, it is a great workout in a short amount of time. I like to put them in now when I need a little variation in my routine.,
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I tried them. I liked them. Only thing is I noticed that I was making muscle which I'm not ready to do yet.
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Love/Hate Jillian.... That said, her 30 day shred series helped me lose a lot of weight! I was committed and stuck with it---for 90 days! I did 30 days at each level because I was completely out of shape when I started. I'm doing Shaun T now--Tomorrow begins week four with him. Focus T25 is what I'm doing now. I like that it's something different each day, but on the down side, it took me longer to "get it"--With 30DS, once you do the first couple days, your body knows what to do.
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    It's hard. The first day nearly killed me. But I really liked it. Her style is really good for me. I liked that each exercise was only 30 seconds, but done at a high intensity, with no resting in between. It combines strength training with the cardio.

If you really do the workout and don't "phone it in" as she is fond of saying, you won't be wasting your time.
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    I tried them. I liked them. Only thing is I noticed that I was making muscle which I'm not ready to do yet.

I'm sorry... how did you make muscle? Can you tell me how you did that? Were you in a calorie surplus?
  • Rachelphobia
    Options
    I am a couple days into it-and I really like it!

It is kind of hard...but I am very out of shape. It has gotten easier (well, maybe a little) every day that I do it. It is short and sweet. She keeps you moving and switches up the moves enough so that every time I am about to give up she has me doing something that lets me rest those sore muscles and keeps me going.

My thighs/butt/arms were starting to get sore after the second day. It's working great for me. But I am taking a rest day once a week-it's a little intense.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options

I'm sorry... how did you make muscle? Can you tell me how you did that? Were you in a calorie surplus?
    She doesn't want to get supah bulky.

I constantly "make muscles" by selling tickets to the gun show. I might only be packin a .38 special on each arm at the time being, but deep down I know that I really want a pair of 357 magnums one day. It makes the boys drool and be scurred at the same time.

But in all cereal bowls, OP ignore that user. You won't "grow" muscles unless you're eating at a surplus and doing some type of weight training/calisthenics regimen. You might have some "newbie gains" but you're not going to look like Bane unless you're trying to. And 10/10 would bang Bane.
  • Lak31tha
    Lak31tha Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with this workout.. its super hard in the beginning but with time, you will have the endurance to finish the whole workout. Good Luck!!
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options

She doesn't want to get supah bulky.

I constantly "make muscles" by selling tickets to the gun show. I might only be packin a .38 special on each arm at the time being, but deep down I know that I really want a pair of 357 magnums one day. It makes the boys drool and be scurred at the same time.

But in all cereal bowls, OP ignore that user. You won't "grow" muscles unless you're eating at a surplus and doing some type of weight training/calisthenics regimen. You might have some "newbie gains" but you're not going to look like Bane unless you're trying to. And 10/10 would bang Bane.

Bwahahaha I probably found this way funnier than I should have.
  • CreepingBriar
    CreepingBriar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Felt like I was going to die on day 1, now I am on day 10 and have lost an inch or half-inch in several places on my body. The user who suggested 30 days for each level has a good idea, that is how my sister did it, she has not lost much weight but she looks amazing. Google some before/after pics for the Shred to keep you motivated! But it is quite hard on your knees, so be cautious and don't be afraid to modify the workout if you need to, regardless of what Jillian says.
  • 9thwardchick
    9thwardchick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The first day you feel like you are going to die. By the end of the week, it gets better. Intense, but so worth it.
  • curly1980
    curly1980 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm only on day 5 but already finding it easier. I've taken my measurements and I'm going to measure at halfway. I'm enjoying it even tho I have to force myself to do it everyday! I like the sore muscle feeling as I know it's working!
  • Antoine112
    Antoine112 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 9 of level 1. It felt easier the last few days so I increased the weight of the dumbells to 2kg. It felt like day 1 all over again. I haven't lost any weight since starting the workout. Hoping to do level 1 for 30 days before getting to the next level. Just curious to see what difference it would make at the end of the 30 days at the same level.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I love 30 Day shred and Ripped in 30, same concept, but RI 30 has 4 workouts instead of 3. I rotate them. I hardly ever do the week or 10 days at one level, its too boring. I just do whichever one I feel like that day. But, if you are a beginner, start with the first workout:)
  • squishy84
    Options
    Love/Hate Jillian.... That said, her 30 day shred series helped me lose a lot of weight! I was committed and stuck with it---for 90 days! I did 30 days at each level because I was completely out of shape when I started. I'm doing Shaun T now--Tomorrow begins week four with him. Focus T25 is what I'm doing now. I like that it's something different each day, but on the down side, it took me longer to "get it"--With 30DS, once you do the first couple days, your body knows what to do.

I love this idea of what you're doing with a month on each level - I am on day 3 today, and it's getting easier, but I'm a bit scared that I won't be "ready" for level two in 6/7 days time! I actually like her! I'd been doing Josie Gibsons 30 Second Slim and didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoy this one!
  • AngieD2203
    AngieD2203 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Insanity, which I loved and lost weight and toned up with, but after 3 1/2 rounds of it I found my knee groaning a little so decided after comparing workouts with a friend to try 30 day shred.
    It's not an easy workout but given what Shaun T put me through with Insanity I find this very low impact and not so hard core, therefore I have done maybe level 1&2 back to back, or like today level 2&3 back to back.
    I think my upper body will be more toned with this workout dvd as JM uses weights.
    I will do the 30 days and then try Another of her dvd's before I try out T25, and back working out with Mr Shaun T!!
    Definitely a great dvd, and far cheaper than the beach body workout programmes!
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15582-jillian-michaels-workout-group

Jillian Michaels workout group if anyone is interested please join us.