NSV: I'm learning how to succeed! :)

Options
Cavy1234
Cavy1234 Posts: 28 Member
Following a visit with family, I realized how the eating habits I learned as a child have stuck with me into my adult years. That ol' "Clean your plate" or "Let's just eat it all so we don't have to bother with leftovers" mentality became clearly evident, and despite a lifetime of all sorts of diets, I'm still behaving this way, finding any reason to 'celebrate' with food, and I'm still morbidly obese. Clearly I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to eating. :ohwell: On top of that, I'm in an exercising rut and easily bored by the few activities I currently do for fitness. :yawn:

So it hit me...I need to learn about nutrition from the ground up. I need to learn in detail how the body functions and which nutrients are needed, and in what amounts, and the best ways to do that, and how to not overdo things, etc. I need to learn about nutrition the right way and not through fad diets and wild advertising claims. I need to learn about the muscles of the body and what the body needs to be fit, healthy, and strong when it comes to fitness, and I need to learn how to do those exercises safely. But how to do that? :huh:

Then it came to me! I enrolled in an online correspondence Personal Training course. I'm not taking the course to be a personal trainer at this moment. I mean, I have 150lbs to lose, and at the moment tend to shy away from social activities due to insecurity over my weight. BUT...I can certainly use this course to help myself learn how to break the unhealthy habits that I've always known.

I feel so hopeful for my future success now. Looking over my class materials, I see I definitely have a lot to learn. :wink:

Replies

• kmpsbl2016
    kmpsbl2016 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Way to to. Good thinking on how to improve your life.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!