Any vegetarian friends out there? Parent friends?

Options
hilton9
hilton9 Posts: 24 Member
Hi everyone! I'm a 30 year old mother to an energetic 2 year old (3 in Sept) boy. I'm a fairly recent vegetarian, going on 5 months now. Striving for a totally plant based diet. I'm around 90% plant based, or vegan if you will, at the moment. I'm looking to lose around 55 pounds for.... Ohhhhhhh..... The billionth time. I'm a stay at home mom at the moment. I recently quit my job to go back to college full time for nutrition. My family decided to go plant based after my 29 year old husband almost died in January of a ruptured brain aneurysm. He spent 3 weeks in the ICU. After he started recuperating we started researching healthier lifestyles and watched a documentary called Forks Over Knives, after that we read a book called Skinny *****. We decided that plant based diet was our healthiest, most earth friendly option. Which is when I decided to go back to school for nutrition. I'm just looking for friends on here for support!

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I'm a Vegan feel free to add me i'll happily offer support
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian mom of two teenagers-- one vegetarian, one not.
  • Shelley8266
    Shelley8266 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Shelley. Mum of 2 (9&4) vegaterian and new to this site. Good luck with everything.
  • hilton9
    Options
    Thanks guys! I sent you all friend requests! It's wonderful to see that I'm not the only non-meat eater. Lol
  • DallastheGemini
    DallastheGemini Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a fairly new vegetarian myself and I'm the mom of two doggers (dog daughters). I'd love to be friends if you're interested! I could really use some vegetarian and vegan friends. So if anyone else is interested, please feel free to add me!! If not, I totally understand!!

38576641.png
  • hilton9
    Options
    I just sent you a request!
  • tinytilda
    Options
    Hello, I too went plant based after watching "Forks over Knives", what a great motivator. I have been following a "plant-strong" diet since May. I have 2 kids and an unwilling husband. I make most meals veggie based, and get the kids involved too . It's great to see so many veggie based people are on here.
  • sarajeanelles
    sarajeanelles Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm sorry for what you and your husband had to go though with his health. I have been a pescatarian (fish eater) for about 15 years now. I'm a mother to a 15 month old baby girl. I'm trying to lose about 7 more pounds to reach my pre baby weight and have already lost about 15 lbs. Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me.
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian all my life. Fell free to add me :)
  • DECAFLiving
    DECAFLiving Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm a longtime veggie anyone welcome to add me. I'm restarting again tomorrow for the last time!