NSV-hubby!!!

I'm so proud of my hubby! He's in the military, so has to try and stay in shape. He's been on profile a lot the last few years after his back spazzed out on him and he broke his ankle. The weight has crept up since he wasn't allowed to work out much. He's been frustrated come PT test time because even though he can max out sit ups and push-ups, his waist measurement has put him close to failing, and he did fail the run once.

He's so super supportive of me trying to lose weight, and is willing to go along with whatever I suggest. Well, because of that he's been eating much better than usual (think 1 Swiss cake roll a week, instead of 1 a day.). He's back in the same size uniform jacket he wore at Basic Training 10 years ago, and is needing new pants. He's run time has improved, and his waist is obviously shrinking. He tests on the 13th, and instead of absolutely dreading it he's actually ready for it.

I'm a tiny bit jealous that he's dropped nearly 20 pounds with nothing but a diet change, while I'm killing myself for every ounce lost...but I am just SO proud of him!!!

ETA: and he says it's all my fault! :)
By making changes to better myself, he's done the same. He rarely drinks his Mt. Dew, watches portion size, and turns down sweets a lot more often. :)

Replies

• Jameson1984
    Jameson1984 Posts: 100 Member
    Congratulations! I hope everything goes well with your hubbys test. :happy:
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    That is fantastic. Well done to you both. The same thing happened with my boyfriend he has dropped over 50 pounds without counting a calorie. He does a lot of the cooking and jumped on board without me even asking him. Yah for supportive partners!!!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    That is awesome... Yay for teamwork! Best of luck to the hubby!
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Tell him good luck. Often times we are our own worst enemies on those test because we can psych ourselves out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!