Am I doing this right?

Options
I was doing loads of cardio with dieting and gettinig 1lb losses or staying the same. Switched to weights (kettlebells, gym with squats ) and now losing 3 - 4lbs weekly (total so far 22 lbs). My shapes altered more though. I now find squats so easy and no longer have knee or back problems.

I have 1 day a week off and the other 6 is weights then some mild cardio (swimmiing, treadmill, bike ) for just 30 mins and I feel so much better in myself.

my question is am I doing this right? I do aerobics once a week and boxercise - is this cardio? We don't use weights but there's a lot of arm lifting, body weight stuff

Replies

• RunningSwede
    RunningSwede Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If you feel good about your diet, and you're living a healthy lifestyle with activities that you enjoy and that are providing you with results you like....then yes. You're doing it right!
  • eknox1804
    eknox1804 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know it's going be said the weight loss is too much but it's just coming off. I eat loads but have cut out all bread which I think was the reason for my belly-weight. I'm expecting the losses to go down soon as I get adjusted.
  • RunningSwede
    RunningSwede Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If you're feeling healthy and energized, and using the MFP food diary to ensure proper balance of protein, carbs, etc., then yes I wouldn't worry. Muscle gain from weights is building your resting metabolism. ...but 4 lbs a week is really fast. I’m no expert, but you may want to slow it down so you can give your skin a chance to shrink and stay tight as you build a leaner you.
  • eknox1804
    eknox1804 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thanks - I'm going try and eat back half the cals I'm using

my fat eating is pretty low so going add some olive oil to my salads and as I'm veggie my protein levels are not good but I have a protein shake in the morning for that

I am expecting the losses to come down - I think I was holding too much water from the cardio
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!