5:2 and NRoL4W

Options
Is anyone doing the 5:2 diet and new rules of lifting? And if so how are you finding it? I've started 5:2 and want to start new rules soon as well so just looking to hear people's experience/advice.

Replies

• BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I've seen 5:2 like everywhere and I'm curious what it is?
  • RacquelLuntz
    Options
    I've seen 5:2 like everywhere and I'm curious what it is?

The 5:2 Diet is when you eat normally for 5 days of the week, and fast for 2. I think on fasting days, women can have 500 calories and men can have 6. The 'fast' usually last for 36 hours each.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    hmmm, not sure if i could do it, lol it is a possibility, is it like set days you fast? It woul dbe interesting because my husbands family is Hindu, and certain days of the year or events they fast or don't eat meat, and I told him when that time comes I would consider it but, not sure yet. How has it worked out for you guys?
  • mdivamuffin
    mdivamuffin Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

The 5:2 Diet is when you eat normally for 5 days of the week, and fast for 2. I think on fasting days, women can have 500 calories and men can have 6. The 'fast' usually last for 36 hours each.
    [/quote]

This is basically it in a nut shell. It's actually way easier than you think. You pick the days you want to fast, not consecutive days. Some people do mon and thurs, others mon and wed, it's a personal choice.

I had a fast day yesterday and I ate porridge made with water for breakfast, veg soup for dinner (homemade) and a snack of natural yogurt, berries and 5 almonds. It came to 480 calories, I was hungry but not unmanagaebly so.

If you want info check this site out: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/

I'm really looking for people who are doing heavy lifting as well and want to see if it's compatible and if people have seen results as I know you have to eat a lot more when doing NR4W.
  • lynnerack
    lynnerack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    There is a 5:2 group on here with lots of advice and support, also google Dr Michael Mosley fast diet. Slow but sure weight loss. I've been doing it since March and it doesn't feel as though you are on a diet!
  • kiwidrop
    kiwidrop Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Here is the 5:2 message board link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/7953-5-2-fasting . You'll probably get a better response on there. I've been doing 5:2 since March but haven't incorporated lifting yet. I also like to fast consecutively. The fast days can truly be any day you want.