Silly question, but I would love opinions

Again, sorry if this sounds stupid.

I weigh 50kg/110lbs and I fluctuate onto 51kg/11lbs quite frequently, so my question is..
Do I write online/tell others when they ask how much I weigh/etc that I am 50kg, or tell them that I am my fluctuation weight of 51kg?

What would you do?

Replies

• xLadyKx
    xLadyKx Posts: 9
    Erm I don't have an answer really I don't know why 1kg is causing such deliberation.
    I guess I would probably go with 50kg
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,954 Member
    Why are people asking how much you weigh, anyway?

"50ish"
    "50, give or take"
    "around 50"

Or my favourite:

"What the f*** do you care? mind your own damn business"
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    you're right. this is a silly question.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    My rule is the weight has to stay up or down for one week before I record a change in my maintenance weight. I weigh daily so I can adjust exercise and calories in or drink more water ... or all three to keep my weight steady - now.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    OK, I'm just wondering, besides why people would be so concerned over your specific weight, is how do you equate 1kg with 11lbs? A kg equals 2.2lbs so if you weigh 50kg that equals 110lbs and 51kg equals 112.2lbs. Or am I missing something????
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    I use TrendWeight.com (free site) which tracks my average weight. I use that as my official weight. Highs and lows don't count then.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    A fluctuation of 2-3 pounds is normal and probably due to water retention. I usually don't say I'm at a certain weight unless the scale tells me 3 days in a row.

I'm not surprised that people ask your weight - as rude as it is I think they mean well and are just curious. And people don't ask how much you weight when you're a lot overweight, but when you're thinner people do. I'd just give them a round number and not worry about a pound (kg) here or there.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    you're right. this is a silly question.
    lol
  • MyzGina
    MyzGina Posts: 32 Member
    Double post
  • MyzGina
    MyzGina Posts: 32 Member
    If the pound stick for more then a week count it if not go with the one that does
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    Repeat after me (from my thought for the day calendar) -

"I will not deliberate for more than a moment over decisions that have little meaning".
  • PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    Why are people asking how much you weigh, anyway?

"50ish"
    "50, give or take"
    "around 50"

Or my favourite:

"What the f*** do you care? mind your own damn business"

^ ^ Too funny! LOL