Do you have problems eating a lot of carbs?

Options
I need to eat ~1000g today, I have eaten ~350g now and I already feel not so good.

Replies

• jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    1000? Wow, whats your calorie goal?

But no.... I never have problem eating carbs :laugh:
  • mlnick69
    mlnick69 Posts: 84
    Options
    That's 4000 calories in carbs alone. :tongue:
  • Cclye
    Cclye Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Guilty.. I hv the same problem. Sometimes, each meals contain carbs
    BF: Bread/noodles Snack:Biscuits Lunch : Noodls/rice Tea :more biscuits Dinner : more noodles

I am trying to cut down, starting with dinner
  • Tann19
    Tann19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I need to eat ~1000g today, I have eaten ~350g now and I already feel not so good.

Approximatly 1 gram carbs = 4 calories
    1,000g carbs=4,000 calories
    are you sure that's how much you should be eating?

For me I am now eating low carb around 50-80 grams a day but it all depends on how much I workout or how I feel. Some days I crave more and I eat more around 200-300.

1,000 would be probably too filling for me, but that's me.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    No, I had to unlearn how to eat too many carbs.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Odd, yesterday you posted this
    Hi
    I have been doing a rapid fat loss diet for 9 days now. I eat about 200g of protein, fish oil, a bit of low fat cheese and some vegetables, but I haven't seen any weight loss.
    Why is that? Any thoughts?

I'm 6'1, 176lbs, BF% ~14

Why do you need to eat 4000 calories of carbs today?
  • WillowWindow
    WillowWindow Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Also with those stats, hard to see why you would be needing to lose weight unless you are preparing for a bodybuilding competition or something, and I have no advice for that, sorry.
  • GameOfPounds
    GameOfPounds Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Βut why would you need to eat 1000 g of carbs?
  • Tann19
    Tann19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Odd, yesterday you posted this
    Hi
    I have been doing a rapid fat loss diet for 9 days now. I eat about 200g of protein, fish oil, a bit of low fat cheese and some vegetables, but I haven't seen any weight loss.
    Why is that? Any thoughts?

I'm 6'1, 176lbs, BF% ~14

Why do you need to eat 4000 calories of carbs today?

Odd indeed, in one post they say they eat 2000-2300 cals, another post 1300 cals and today a min of 4000 cals.

This member is very suspect!
  • patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    The main problem with carbs with me is portion control. Very difficult to stop eating a large meal if it is mostly carbs (pasta, pizza, etc.). Far easier for me to control portion size with mostly protein and fat. However, I do eat carbs.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    don't think i could hit 1000g, i have a hell of a time hitting 350
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I keep my carbs under 50. I would feel guilty if I had over 1000, that's to much IMO.

42864801.png
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I keep my carbs 50-60. Any more than that and I don't feel well and become very bloated. This poster doesn't seem to be for real - just trying to get us stirred up. Things she says in other posts doin't correlate to what she is saying now.
  • qwerty1895
    Options
    I was 11 days on low carbs, low fat - Rapid fat loss diet (protein sparing modified fast).
    In the handbook it said that refeed should be 12-16g per kg of lean mass. My lean mass is 70kg, so 840-1120g. Or 5-6g per lb, then it's 924g, I think I'll go for that.

After this I'll go back to a normal 2300 kcal diet. I just want to lose as much fat as I can till I get enough money and start going back to gym and build muscle.
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Maybe some bad food you ate, and nothing to do with the carbs? I do fine on a lot of carbs.
  • qwerty1895
    Options
    Destroying the last hundred grams of carbs right now. I felt bad because I ate too much too fast, I just thought I couldn't do it in time.
  • qwerty1895
    Options
    The carb-up was a success. Did gain muscle glycogen weight or whatever it is, but do look considerably leaner, the squishy fat is gone.
  • angelakriches
    Options
    I did a carb up last weekend as I felt my workouts had suffered a bit. I felt a bit yuck after the 2nd lot of 80g carbs but after that was fine. Unfortunately come Monday I was super hungry, same Tuesday and it has taken me almost a week to feel back in control!
    My lifts did improve after the carb up but for now I think I'll concentrate on the fat loss as I don't think it was worth the week of hell getting back on it! :D