Food Diary/Journal

Options
thegoya
thegoya Posts: 100 Member
I have been enoying MyFitnessPal for a very long time and have been keeping a ,meticulous food journal and enter it to the best of my ability. I am going through a health issue and have been asked to avoid supplements so I am counting of getting everything I need from food. Thing is, I have not found a section that breaks down my (complete) daily nutrtion values in full based on my entries, Is there one? and if not, can there be? Am I missing something? p.s., I know another site does do this but I so much prefer MFP. Thanks.

Replies

• Tann19
    Tann19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have been enoying MyFitnessPal for a very long time and have been keeping a ,meticulous food journal and enter it to the best of my ability. I am going through a health issue and have been asked to avoid supplements so I am counting of getting everything I need from food. Thing is, I have not found a section that breaks down my (complete) daily nutrtion values in full based on my entries, Is there one? and if not, can there be? Am I missing something? p.s., I know another site does do this but I so much prefer MFP. Thanks.

the website only gives you a limited number of nutrition areas you can track ie. carbs, sugar, fiber etc, but the app shows you everything (not everything but a lot more than the website), some vitamins, sodium, cholestrol etc.

I actually prefer to use the app
  • thegoya
    Options
    Thanks, I just found it...I wish a few more items were added i.e., Vit D and B12 to name a few.
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I found a great website that gives loads of nutritional information of foods, just type in the food and gives vitamins, minerals, all fats etc.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    It only shows some at a time but it can be done here. Unfortunately, especially with take-out items the nutrition information is only as good as the company puts out and sometimes results in entries that don't pass a giggle test. Cheese pizza with zero calcium, case in point.
  • grstankov9
    Options

the website only gives you a limited number of nutrition areas you can track ie. carbs, sugar, fiber etc, but the app shows you everything (not everything but a lot more than the website), some vitamins, sodium, cholestrol etc.

I actually prefer to use the app

I'm new here and still learning how to use this site. Can you please give more details about how to use this app.
    Thank you
  • awie11
    awie11 Posts: 44
    Options
    http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/account/index.php

You would have to relog all of your food but I used this site prior to discovering MyFitnessPal. It doesn't have as wide of a variety of foods that MyFitnessPal does but it shows all your nutrients. Only downside is you can't customize them.
  • thegoya
    Options
    I used to use FitDay but for so many reasons I stay with MFP. If only MFP used the nutritional info from FitDay, it would be perfect.

p.s., are you listening MFP?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,056 Member
    Options