Starting the 30DS today; need assurance please!

Options
I'm 5'3 and 170lbs, and I'm going to begin Jillian's 30 day shred...

I REALLY need some pep talk; I'm afraid of mostly two things:

-I'll quit within the first 5 minutes
-I can't do the high impact workouts as the girls in the videos do

I'm hoping someone will tell me that it's okay to take breaks in between; that it's okay to try your best and do what you can tolerate, and that it's alright if you slip up a few times...

Wondering if any heavier women around my weight have completely the 30DS; did you do what you could do and still lose inches/weight?

Please reply, thanks so much! :heart:

Replies

• miamiink89
    miamiink89 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I finished 30ds last weekend. I had been using fitnessblender videos for about 6 months prior to this so I had a reasonable level of fitness. That being said I did take short breaks (more so in level 2 and 3) just to catch my breath and have some water. I definitely slipped up a few times and I still got good results. I didn't take measurements but I definitely lost a few inches and I lost about 4lbs which I was happy with since I had been in a plateau.
    Just try your best and go as hard as you can and you will see results. It's better than sitting on the sofa!
  • TiredOfMyself
    TiredOfMyself Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks SO MUCH! I've used Fitness Blender a few times, they're really nice and low impact. I'm really going to try and stick to this; people (like you) have also lost around 3-4 lbs, but are so cut and have thinned! I'll keep your post in my head, thanks so much again! :)

Congratulations by the way, :).

:flowerforyou:
  • luvtcuk
    luvtcuk Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yeah,
    1. You can take as many break as you want.
    2. Do your best and forget the rest from Tony Horton, P90x
    3. YOu can even do modified version at the beginning.
    GO FOr it.
  • TiredOfMyself
    Options
    Not sure if you were being sarcastic luvtcuk, lol, but thank you. :)
  • aggieanne04
    aggieanne04 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The year I did 30DS for 19 days in a row, I only lost 3lbs, but I lost 3" off my waist. :) I did Level 1 for 19 days. LOL I still do the workout (Level 1) randomly. I've done Level 2 a few times over the past year. I did Level 3 once. To me, it's always a "What you put in is what you get out" kind of workout. If you give 100%, that's all that matters. It does NOT matter if you DO THE WORKOUT 100%- just that you give 100%. I've walked around during parts and don't always do my jumping jacks as fast as they do, but it doesn't matter. The end result is I'm always soaked in sweat and tired. That's what matters. :) Good luck! Also- Mute it after a day or two of instructions. Put on your own music.
  • TiredOfMyself
    Options
    Thanks Angieanne! :D
  • JackieLivingHealthy
    JackieLivingHealthy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You can do it! They have low impact modifications, one girl is low impact, the other is high impact. Do what you can and you WILL see results...as Jillian says perfect is boring....you don't have to be perfect, just DO YOUR BEST!! Good luck!
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I want to try this, but I freaking hate working out. But I see everyone gets great results from it!
  • youngdreamer
    youngdreamer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to incorporate the 30DS Lv1 in my fitness regime soon & I'm much heavier than you. So long as you give it your all & push through that "Ugh, dear GOD. I'm going to die!" feeling (I know it's really hard, but it's important to push yourself past that comfort.) you're going to see results. I think they had the one chick off to the right who was doing more of the modified version for beginners. I think it's totally do-able. You may not be able to execute the exercises with utmost finesse like those ladies, but if you just keep at it & push yourself bit by bit, you're going to see a drastic increase in your stamina! Nothing feels better than knowing your body can now do something it had struggled so much with only a week ago. Good luck!

--Edit

You're only 18! It's amazing how many young women still in their teens have registered for this site. I find it very admirable that you're doing something about it now before it gets out of hand. Best of luck, sweetie. (:
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    I always lose a few lbs and several inches with this DVD. I love it & have actually just started it again and gone straight to level 2 as my fitness has improved (but I still take a few breathers).

My advice - Go as hard as you can for as long as you can and the most important thing is that you get up and do it the next day IT DOES GET EASIER SO KEEP AT IT.
    :happy:
  • TiredOfMyself
    Options
    THANKS LADIES! SO MUCH GREAT FEEDBACK!

You all have really helped me, and I've completed the first day of the 30DS! :D

Good luck to you all! <3
  • janetdungan
    janetdungan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    at 5'3 170 thats not the right exercise plan, its not going to help you. its more for people who are 10lbs over weight and or out of shape and need to tone and define.

you have 50-60 lbs to lose. a safe rate is 1-2lbs a week. which is about 25-30 weeks, not DAYS.

google "clean eating" and start reading everything you can on it, especially Tosca Reno.

subscribe to Oxygen Magazine and learn healthy food choices and also how to exercise properly.

lifting weights shreds weight FAST, not walking or cardio. you will need to do cardio a few times a week but the real calorie burner is lifting weights. it will cause your body to burn calories 24 hours a day. LITERALLY.

lift weights about 4-5 times a week. rest and do absolutely no cardio or lifting every 3 days. keep a food diary here as well as an exercise log.

go to bodybuilding.com and search for Jamie Eason, she has a plan that includes literally what to eat, how many meals, grocery list and daily calendar of what to do in the gym, plus your menu. its a daily/weekly program that is guaranteed to make you lose it all and keep it off and look amazing.

if you try something too intense or short term, its guaranteed to make you quit very soon and give up hope. take baby steps into this but that doesnt mean, walk around the block every day. push yourself each day and keep track of your progress and make small goals you can achieve and make new ones to break each day and each week.
  • trixiepinkie
    trixiepinkie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have recently started this as well. My advice is to not necessarily try to keep up with them, but to give it everything YOU can. And there definitely are modified versions, which will help you get through it. Good luck!
  • anna_conkers
    anna_conkers Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was roughly the same weight as you when I first did the Shred - it's HARD but the best thing about it is that it's quick, and you adjust to it quickly. Day 1 is tough but by Day 7 you'll be able to complete it without stopping - just don't give in!!

Good luck :happy:
  • hzliiz
    hzliiz Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yes of course you can take a break if you need to. But do this -- don't stop as soon as you get uncomfortable. Push through just a little further than you think you can and take a few secs when you're truly gassed. Also you don't necessarily have to match them rep for rep. Instead of modifying everything that's hard for you try doing the exercise properly but at a slower pace than JM and her minions. You can totally do this! Don't be afraid to try, you'll surprise yourself with what you can do. And as Jillian preaches don't be afraid to get uncomfortable, discomfort won't kill you ( I literally have to tell myself that a lot) and it'll be over soon! Good luck!
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Yeah,
    1. You can take as many break as you want.
    2. Do your best and forget the rest from Tony Horton, P90x
    3. YOu can even do modified version at the beginning.
    GO FOr it.

This. Do what you can, the rest will come.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I am going to start this today! Excited!! Do I need any weights or props?
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I am going to start this today! Excited!! Do I need any weights or props?

small weights and a mat if you have hard floors.
  • c_tap77
    c_tap77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 and I haven't weighed or measured myself yet (I plan to do so after each level) I can already feel a difference. I'm 5'8" and was 207lbs when I started but I can already tell my legs aren't jiggling as much and i can feel more tightness in my stomach and shoulders.

Best of luck. I hear more people take breaks in level 2 or 3 but I'm hoping I can continue to stay strong and push through!!!
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I just started again today! Add me and we'll keep in touch!