Do I Need To Reach the Calorie Goal per Day?

Options
I just pretty much just started on trying to lose weight. Right now my recommended calorie intake is 1,200 cals per day + calories lost during exercise. My usual form of exercise is mostly just walking. Can't really go to the gym right now or do my cycling as I am traveling. If you look at my diary, I am trying to keep most days at 1,200 calories of food intake even though I have lost some calories while walking. Do I really need to eat more if I've been losing more calories? The thing is I feel so full most of the time coz I drink a lot of water and consuming mostly just proteins.

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not open.
  • annenhie
    annenhie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sorry about that. Just made it public. Thanks. :)
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    The recommended route would be to find your tdee and then eat at deficit of 15-20% from that. The lesser weight you have to lose, lesser the deficit.
    Also, yes. Eat back the calories burnt during exercise.
  • jwslayer
    jwslayer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I generally do not eat back my exercise calories.
  • annenhie
    Options
    I generally do not eat back my exercise calories.

How is it affecting you if you don't eat back the calories lost? I am not sure if it would really have a negative effect on losing weight. I don't want to eat the calories lost from exercise either since I am not getting hungry from the amount of food I take now.
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I eat back most of my exercise calories but I keep my base activity level at "sedentary". I'm mostly worried about eating quality foods over quantity and never eat more than my appetite desires. I will stop eating if I'm gong too high though. Seems to work well
  • annenhie
    Options
    I eat back most of my exercise calories but I keep my base activity level at "sedentary". I'm mostly worried about eating quality foods over quantity and never eat more than my appetite desires. I will stop eating if I'm gong too high though. Seems to work well

As much as I want to cook my own food to make sure I'm eating healthier, I am traveling most of the time and try to rely a lot on labels. There are a lot of instances when I buy cooked food in restaurants and grocery that doesn't really say nutritional value of food. That is one hurdle I am facing while trying to lose weight.