Selflessly selfish

Options
I am the sum of my parts - wife, mother, friend, student, counselor, Creole, Scorpio, BBW. I am afraid of this journey, but trying to be courageous as I step into this arena once again, praying that things will be different this time around. I have tremendous support from my partner and children, family and friends. But I'm lacking confidence in myself that I can do it, that I am worthy this time and have always been. While I want desperately to prove this to myself, I also want my family and friends to be inspired by my dedication to this lifelong goal. I want my husband to be proud of me. I want to set a positive example for my kids. I want to inspire my family and friends to make healthy choices to prevent obesity related diseases. I want to connect with a community of new like-minded individuals who can expose me to experiences I never knew were open to me. If this reads familiar, let's be friends and support each other along the way!

Replies

• HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Haha haha, you're description sounds like an horoscope. Love it. Seems like we have some common ground, so feel free to add me!
  • Pinkee33
    Pinkee33 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add :happy: I log daily and could use the support as well... We can do this:bigsmile:
  • littlebee26
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I am the sum of my parts - wife, mother, friend, student, counselor, Creole, Scorpio, BBW. I am afraid of this journey, but trying to be courageous as I step into this arena once again, praying that things will be different this time around. I have tremendous support from my partner and children, family and friends. But I'm lacking confidence in myself that I can do it, that I am worthy this time and have always been. While I want desperately to prove this to myself, I also want my family and friends to be inspired by my dedication to this lifelong goal. I want my husband to be proud of me. I want to set a positive example for my kids. I want to inspire my family and friends to make healthy choices to prevent obesity related diseases. I want to connect with a community of new like-minded individuals who can expose me to experiences I never knew were open to me. If this reads familiar, let's be friends and support each other along the way!

Save your post. It is heartfelt and articulate. Perhaps you should print it and make a plaque to look at from time to time. This is a good place to get support for your weight loss journey and it offers excellent tools, including a calorie counter for your phone and supportive fellow "losers.". Success will take stubborn determination on your part, and you'll have to keep on going after you slip. Everybody slips. Every day is a fresh start. Welcome.:flowerforyou:
  • JLaShaun
    Options
    endure this journey for yourself....prove to yourself - 1st and foremost - that you can accomplish this goal of healthy living & of better health. i don't want you to lose weight to gain approval from me (your hubby) or other people. be proud of yourself, your journey...i am proud because you're trying. and i know you can do & be much better. <3