Starting Insanity - need support to get through this!

Options
Hi everyone - I started Insanity yesterday with the Fit Test. I just finished the first plyometric workout and I was crying by the end of it. I knew this workout program was going to be hard, but you really don't know until you try it and you really push yourself. My whole life, I have been giving up on my health and well-being. Crying during this workout seemed to reinforce that to me. I know I'm strong enough deep down to do this; I just feel like I'll need some encouragement to stick to the program. I would love it if I had some MFP friends that were also going this pain and misery :smile: If you have any advice, please feel to share with me! Thanks all!

Replies

• AshleyYost88
    Options
    I'm starting it on Monday and I am honestly already doubting myself. I watched the video the other day and told myself there is no way. I'm going to do my best to try my hardest and get through it though! I'm sure I will be crying too. So feel free to add me and we can support each other!
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    It gets easier.

Eat right and it will definitely get alot easier (it feels like you are breaking your body down to me. The 40/20/40 macro has worked out fine for me).

I'm on my second round, this time, I'm doing two different programs morning and night, one is still Insanity.

I'm on the floor with my laptop, just finished max interval sports training.

I think I'm gonna lay here awhile... but I finished it, that's what matters.
  • R1otgirl
    R1otgirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just started insanity this evening and got a leg cramp within the first 3 min -.- I have a feeling this will be a long journey but I am going to go at it full force until I am the healthiest version of myself that I can be :)
    Good luck with it and don't get discouraged!

"There are seven days in a week and someday Isn't one of them" - unknown
  • Jani3t
    Jani3t Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm not at the 'gets easier' stage (day 6) but I'm right with you on cramps -especially on butt kicks! feel free to add me as a friend if you want to share your journey -I'm currently laying in bed delaying pushing the play button today lol.
    Can I ask how everyone is recording their Insanity work outs? I added mine with zero calories as I worked out my calorie intake using the Insanity nutrition guide which I understand already accounts for the expenditure?
    Good luck to everyone on their challenge :)
  • Jani3t
    Jani3t Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hi feel free to add me I just did day 6 it was a repeat of plyometrics I hate to say I didn't find it easier physically and cried too but was a bit tougher mentally not much! I can only do push ups on my knees and crawled around moaning lol!
  • fayemal
    fayemal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started insanity yesterday too - just about to begin day 2! We can do this haha
  • cait60
    cait60 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm now on day 16 and while its not getting easier, it is getting more and more addictive. I haven't seen great weight loss, just 2lbs but I lost 7.9 inches in Week 1 and 7.8 inches in Week 2. I feel myself getting stronger and leaner and I just keeping thinking how great I'll feel when I'm not oozing out of my clothes. We can do this!! Oh and I'm a total beginner to extreme workouts like this. I've literally gone from zero to 100 straight away.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You can all do this. Keep on pressing play. The first time ever that I did insanity, I had a nosebleed :laugh: but I still went back to it the next day and the next. I'm on another round, Day 58 :drinker:
  • moosiau
    moosiau Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm on day 23 (almost in the recovery week) at the moment :) the first time that I did the plyometric workout, I couldn't even get through the warm-up without a quick break, but it really does get easier!! Just push yourself to press play every day and you're sure to get awesome results!! :) feel free to add me :)
  • j3an22
    j3an22 Posts: 77
    Options
    I have tried doing it but it just way too much for me to for a start. So I am doing something easier for now.

My friend said strictly follow the diet with the exercise.

and I say to you. take it one day at a time.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Eat well, get enough sleep and find a place where you report every day and where you find support. This program is tough but doable. I loved the moment of putting a red X on my workout calendar :)
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I completed one round of Insanity so I know your pain LOL. It's hard but it's worth it if you stick with it. Just do the best you can, go hard for as long as you can. Don't try to stay with them go at your own pace. You'll do great! Good luck to you!
  • Veslus
    Veslus Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm on the recovery week. I think the hardest part was the first week and a half or so when my body was adjusting. I was limping around the house like an old lady, moaning and groaning at every move! It's still not easy but I'm able to get all the way through the workouts. I'm already planning on doing a second round of it once this one is over!
  • alethea510
    alethea510 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It won't seem like it is getting easier for a while because each day you will be pushing yourself to the max. But, eventually you will notice that your "max" starts to change and you will realize that you are doing things that you weren't able to do before. After Insanity I started pushing myself in other types of exercise and realized I could run faster and longer than I ever had before. Stick with it! I promise you won't regret it!
  • kdomanti
    kdomanti Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your encouragement! Day 3 was surprisingly a little easier on me (mentally, not physically ha!) I'm looking forward to seeing some inches come off. Pounds would be a bonus; I like to look at the size of my jeans rather than a scale to measure progress :wink: Still can't do full-form pushups when he asks me to - still on knee pushup stage, but I hope someday I can keep up. I think what helped today was not looking at the screen during the exercises and focusing on what my own body could do. Watching the video, I get discouraged by how fast they can go compared to me. Good luck everyone!
  • Cinloykko
    Cinloykko Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i did the fit test for insanity and i literally cramped right at the beginning and started to see dots halfway through it.... and then when i completed it, i passed out in my own sweat puddle. That was too intense for me and passing out like that is scary. so im going to try to get a bit more fit before i give insanity another go. You guys are AMAZING for sticking it in! Good luck on your results :-) One day, i will be able to complete insanity fully .... or at least get past the fit test. lol
  • jandjcassidy
    Options
    Hey I am in my recovery week going to do my fit test again tomorrow!! I really like Insanity and the way it makes me sweat!!!

Feel free to add me and also I run support groups for programs like this on my fb. Msg me I'd love to keep all of you guys fully supported!!
  • miamiink89
    miamiink89 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've just started today. The fit test was pretty hard so I'm dreading tomorrow! Feel free to add me
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Listen - even the great Shaun T cant make it through his own workout!!! At the end of Pure Cardio the man is dying on the flooe along with everyone else!! Do as much as you can, take a break when you need to (but keep moving even if you are only walking around!). As you keep going over the days and weeks, you will find that you need to take breaks less often.

Stopping to take a break does not make you a failure - jumping back in and continuing makes you a champion!! Keep up the good work!!
  • unoriginalusername007
    Options
    Thanks all for your encouragement! Day 3 was surprisingly a little easier on me (mentally, not physically ha!) I'm looking forward to seeing some inches come off. Pounds would be a bonus; I like to look at the size of my jeans rather than a scale to measure progress :wink: Still can't do full-form pushups when he asks me to - still on knee pushup stage, but I hope someday I can keep up. I think what helped today was not looking at the screen during the exercises and focusing on what my own body could do. Watching the video, I get discouraged by how fast they can go compared to me. Good luck everyone!

Exactly! Looking at the screen just saddened me when I first began Insanity. I thought I was a complete failure, but then realized everyone doing the workout had already done the 60 day program and some of them are even trainers and/or beachbody coaches! And actually, by the end of month 1, you'll notice that you're pretty much keeping up with everyone in the video, which is super exciting. :happy: