Selectively Looking for Friends

Options
Hi all - I've been the this site for awhile and have been pretty active in the forums, having friends, logging, etc. However, I recently discovered that I haven't built any connections with anybody on this site, even with a ton of friends. So, I deleted everyone I had to start fresh.

What I'm looking for: I'm looking for a few friends, less than a dozen, who I can check in with, share recipes with, and will motivate me. I just don't find a half-hearted "Way to Go!" to motivate me. Yes, I've been guilty of it too, but in order for me to succeed, I want a little more out of this site.

About me: I'm a 25 year old, young professional working as an Event Coordinator in the power sports industry. I am currently in the process of buying my first home and I'm planning a wedding for September 2014. I'm 5'9, currently 133lbs, and a few years ago, I lost about 50lbs through intense 24/7 exercise and eating the bare minimum. Obviously this is not sustainable, so I gained everything back, plus some. I started my weight loss again in April, and since then I have lost 25lbs mostly by changing my diet. I definitely need the motivation to get back to the gym though.

If you're looking for the same thing, male or female, please add me and tell me about yourself. I genuinely want to get to know you, and motivate you to succeed.

Amanda

Replies

• sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    you are not making any connections like this.Start being more active in the forums.be funny,be sharp,be smart and you'll land an awesome Fl
  • goodnamegone
    Options
    So you deleted all your friends and now you are advertising for better new ones? Or did I misunderstand?
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    So you deleted all your friends and now you are advertising for better new ones? Or did I misunderstand?

^^This. And great name, goodnamegone!
  • pauluk1978
    pauluk1978 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    hi Amanda

I understand the need to start a fresh, i'm more than happy for anyone to add me to offer each other mutual encouragement and support in our journeys. If you want to add me then please do.
  • nica_cova
    Options
    Good morning everyone, I'm new to the community but I just want to wish everyone a great morning and a marvelous day, God bless!!!!
  • Stellasgma1
    Options

That was my thought too. That is not a nice thing to do.

When I say good job, or something basic I mean it. Too bad that would not be good enough for others and they would delete me.