i love this site

Options
a friend recommended this to me and at first, I was skeptical. I have never liked keeping a food diary. but after a few weeks of this, I have lost weight and I look forward to posting my food and exercise and especially posting my weight loss! I am looking for tips and encouragement, as we all are. I want to lose 45 pounds. i'm realistically trying to achieve one pound a week. so by Memorial Day 2014, I want to be at my ideal (in my mind) weight. 6 pounds lost thus far and clothes are fitting better already. woo hoo!:happy:

Replies

• kassieisafirework
    kassieisafirework Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! I joined this site after a friend told me how much she disliked it, and I've been using it since! :) It's really great for support and motivation, and there's nothing better than seeing the number on the weight loss counter go up! :)
  • pauluk1978
    pauluk1978 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome to the site, I've met loads of people on here already who have been so supportive and with their help i'm more focussed and determined than I have been in a long time
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

I personally feel the biggest and most important advice I can give is to stay persistent. You will fall off the track. You might not see the results as soon, or even at all for a while. You might try a workout and not like it and wanna give up. Don't. Just keep pushing.

If you eat too much one day. Don't say "oh well, there goes the week". No. Keep persistent. Start again TODAY.
    If you don't like a workout. Try something else. Don't just sit around.
    If you don't see results, stay persistent. I have lost my weight in over 1.5 years. For that duration, thats a small amount. But thats fine because in between I feel a lot and had to pick it back up. And now I am in a habit of eating right and working out.

The second best advice, surround yourself with people who will motivate you and educate you and inspire you. Everytime I fell, I had people push me and I try to do the same for them.

Wish you all the best. Stay persistent! :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    It's nice to see such a positive attitude! Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • jreneecal
    jreneecal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I love this site too! Since I joined in June I've lost 15lbs. and really it has been mostly just logging in my food and exercise. I've been on diets and always gained back the weight but now I'm making better food choices (most of the time). I also exercise even when I don't really want to since I will be logging it in. Overall living a healthier lifestyle. Feel free to friend me.
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this site. I :heart: this site too. Best thing that ever happened to me was someone suggesting I check the site out. I have a long way to go and have started many times, but this site keeps me focused and motivated. Not to mention all the support I get from my new friends here.

Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
    Melissa
  • poohbear1958
    poohbear1958 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for mutual support. This site is excellent as everyone is after the same goal.
  • summrthyme
    Options
    thank you! you're my first fitness pal friend! LOL I just was mowing my lawn and built up some extra calories. the funny thing is, I don't feel like squandering them with junk food. I look at them as getting me to my goal quicker. Feel free to reach out to me anytime!
  • summrthyme
    Options
    I thank you for your response and support!
  • summrthyme
    Options
    fantastic and awesome! I never weighed this much before and knowing I need to lose 45 pounds is daunting so yes, I can see me wanting to give up when the results are not as quick as on Biggest Loser or Extreme Makeover. your advice is excellent! Thank you.
  • summrthyme
    Options
    thank you! i'm amazed and in awe of your progress! super congrats!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Excellent Attitude!

It makes me so happy to see people with realistic, achievable goals who aren't trying to lose a million pounds by next friday. With your outlook, you're in for long term success. WooHoo!
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Welcome and WOW what a great start! I will add you....have recently re-committed myself and looking for "active" friends :flowerforyou:
  • YellowNightingale
    YellowNightingale Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    My friend suggested this site to be back in September of 2012. I didn't really do anything with it as I wasn't looking to log food, etc. but 95 days ago I started really using the site and am addicted! I love this site and it really is a high to get encouragement and be able to record your food and losses :)