New to the gym!

Options
I joined the gym two and a half months ago...up until then, apart from walking quite a bit my lifestyle was fairly sedentary.

I decided I needed to get fit and shape up. So, I joined the gym and have been going approximately four times a week, life and work permitting.

I have been going to Zumba once a week which I love, BodyPump once a week (which I am also getting to enjoy) and the gym once or twice a week - using the treadmill approximately half an hour - walking and running (although I really don't like running!) and the bike for about forty minutes - trying to increase time and resistance when I feel able. I also do some weight machines. I must admit, I prefer the classes, I feel more motivated and like that there is someone to direct what I'm doing. I am enjoying what I'm doing and would like to start 'spinning' but feel quite nervous about going as I've heard it's very intense. I would like to go to the gym more, but it's not always possible.

I've been trying to eat healthily (most of the time) and definitely feel my energy levels have risen - in fact, I found that a couple of weeks in.

I think my clothes feel a 'little' looser, but haven't noticed any drastic body changes or any change on the scales - am I expecting too much too soon?

I am 46, female and a size 12 UK and 5' 6".

Thanks for any advise!

Replies

• sirwillthegreat
    sirwillthegreat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I experienced the same thing! After asking personal trainer friends, their answers were all pretty much the same: focus on how you feel. Although I hadn't been getting the numbers that had been expecting, and seeing the results as much physically, I felt great. mentally and physically. So with that, as long as you're feeling good, I say that you're doing great! You'll start to see the results soon.
  • chalkywhite11
    chalkywhite11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, thanks for responding and that's made me feel better. I will continue to do what I'm doing (and a bit more if I can) and hope, like you, that I will start to see more obvious changes.
    :smile: