diet pills

Options
anybody use any diet pills that give more energy and suppress appetite? i feel like eating all day and yes, i am getting enough fiber and protein and drinking enough water. AH!

Replies

• soultrain1913
    soultrain1913 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I take One A Day Weight Management because I need an all around multivitamin anyway. I tried straight diet pills before and all they do is make me antsy and sweaty. They did kill my appetite but to the point that I was barely eating....which isn't healthy.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I really wouldn't recommend using diet suppressants. What's great about this site is that you can learn to control your own calorie intake by keeping track and then it'll become a habit. Pills are temporary and as soon as you stop taking them you'll fall back into your old ways. Good luck!
  • ambercole
    Options
    I really wouldn't recommend using diet suppressants. What's great about this site is that you can learn to control your own calorie intake by keeping track and then it'll become a habit. Pills are temporary and as soon as you stop taking them you'll fall back into your old ways. Good luck!

agreed!
  • TXmama
    Options
    Definitely... I know how tempting diet pills are but they really are NOT a good solution. First of all, quite a few of them can have long-term consequences and even short-term problems. But aside from that, even if you use "safe" ones, they just help suppress your appetite (maybe...), they don't teach you how to eat differently, so if you lose the weight with pills you'll have a lot of trouble keeping it off. It is all about small, incremental changes in how you do things, for good. I thought there were things I'd never be able to change, things I thought I never WANTED to change, but over time, the change has become natural and it gets easier and easier. It really does. GOOD LUCK!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

I second this as well! There is no such thing as a "magic pill". You need to learn healthy life-long habits to enable you to lose weight in a healthy way and be able to keep it off. Supposed diet pills, at least the ones you get without a perscription, are nothing but a big dose of caffeine anyway. Just focus on healthy eating and getting in exercise every day and you won't need a diet pill. I haven't taken anything besides a multivitamin and I've lost 53 pounds. It's entirely possible to do the right way.
  • DancingDreamer
    Options

also agreed. that being said there are natural supplements that arent diet pills, they usually have green tea (you could always just drink green tea, trust me it works!) with some other mix of herbs (READ WHAT'S IN THEM! OMG NEVER TAKE ONE WITHOUT READING IT!) and they can semi supress your apetite to a NORMAL point, like you wont be snack craving as much.

also i see you're pretty new here on the forums? are you new on the site as well because i will tell you that first week or two is hard and yes you do feel like you're always hungry, that goes away. trust me, you get to a point where your body realizes that this is normal, we dont need to eat and you also figure out how to eat the AMOUNT of food you want to and still not go over any of your calories, fat, sugar, sodium, etc. (not that you wont have over days, its life, nothing is perfect) its called eating healthy XD ha! its a novel concept that many of us forget! whooops! we all know how that goes.

try just waiting for a while and then if you're still super hungry after about a month on here then maybe go for some natural supplements (seriously i'm serious read the ingredients! some of them have bad things in them!)

now....if you're not new here and are just new to the forums.........you can disregard what i said about that bit XD

good luck! :drinker:
  • rebmcg
    Options
    anybody use any diet pills that give more energy and suppress appetite? i feel like eating all day and yes, i am getting enough fiber and protein and drinking enough water. AH!

Check out Irvingia Gabonensis- made from African Mango. Featured on Dr. Oz show yesterday (9/13) also information on WebMD and Life Extension web site.

It works for me.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I took Meridia when I first started just because I never felt full and needed some help getting to where I am now. I did hear on the news last night though they might be pulling it off the shelf though. I will admit with all the hard work I have been doing the last month and a half I have seen great results. I don't need Meridia but in the beginning it did supress my appetite long enough for me to train myself to eat better. I think when used as a tool prescription medication can be useful but you have to adopt a new way of life too. If you use it as a crutch I agree it won't work but I won't knock "diet pills" when used right.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

Check out Irvingia Gabonensis- made from African Mango. Featured on Dr. Oz show yesterday (9/13) also information on WebMD and Life Extension web site.

It works for me.

Dr Oz is a quack. he is endorsing supplements now????
  • rebmcg
    Options

It works for me.

No, just reporting latest research--you might want to do some reading on this.

• Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

It works for me.

No, just reporting latest research--you might want to do some reading on this.

I don't and would not take any supplements as such and if he endorses these supplements, he is even more the quack than I think he is now.
  • leanmass24
    leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Three words... dont do it

Take a good multivitamin with energy boost... You will adjust to the calories... if you are still having trouble eat more veggies.... they are very low in calories you will have to eat tons of veggies to get your calories in. most veggies are only about 30 calories a serving you would have to eat 40 servings to equal 1200 calories.... that is a lot of food.
  • kathleenpenrod
    kathleenpenrod Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    GNC has some healthy supplements in their BE selection (BEfit, BEtoned, etc.). I take Solo Slim too which is natural - I got mine at the natural health food store even. It helps you not feel hungry when you actually aren't so it doesn't cross signals which can mess your body flow up like other hard pills. And it only has a little bit of green tea extract in it so it isn't going to make you feel/have a heart attack. I agree with everyone here. Stick to learning good skills but these are supplements that can help you without crazy side effects or addiction.

Hope you find a good match for your weight loss goals!