fitbit users

Options
If for example at midnight fitbits calculates the tdee for that day, how are you supposed to know how much you eat that day? i knows its a stupid question but i need to know thanks

Replies

• erayne
    erayne Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your caloric intake during the day?
  • louzara5
    louzara5 Posts: 200
    Options
    actually i ordered fitbit one today. so i dont know exactly how it works! i calculate my calorie intake on here atm
  • erayne
    Options
    You still need to input your own caloric intake. The fitbit will only tell you how many calories you burned, not took in. :)
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I also have a fitbit one

You track all food in MFP, the fitbit will track all your exercise EXCEPT for strength training. Log your food here, and compare it to what your fitbit says. IF you are in deficit, you will lose.

So in other words, eat less than your fitbit says you are burning
  • erayne
    Options
  • louzara5
    louzara5 Posts: 200
    Options
    thankyou so much :) x
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Every time you log in to fitbit, it updates your calories/steps. It also extrapolates for your basal metabolism over the whole day. Every time you log in afterwards on MFP, it take the info from fitbit and adds that as exercise.

If you're doing extra exercise (strength training or anything that uses more arms than steps), log that into MFP and next time you log into fitbit it will adjust your calories and calorie adjustment. I wind up updating fitbit at lunch and after my post-dinner walk. I always log into MFP every time I eat.

I have a fitbit zip and love it. DON"T LOSE IT!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I don't sync MFP and fitbit, I just average what my fitbit says I burn in a week (adding my workout calories that fitbit doesn't count) and eat 20% less every day. It works for me.