How to lose inches?

Options
For the past month or so, I have been trying to lose weight.. So far i've gone from 160 to 132, but I've only seem to have lost 1 inch of my thighs and 2 inches of my hips.. how can I lose more inches? I eat 1200 calories a day and work out 1-3 times a week.

Replies

• shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements for your whole body. You probably lost in other areas you aren't watchiing. I lost from head down. My legs and thighs were the last to start loosing. If I had guaged my progress on my legs and thighs only I would have thought I was a failure.
  • anasheae
    anasheae Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! You probably lost inches in other places!
  • vanessark
    vanessark Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would try weight lifting and toning exercises.
  • tanishakumar
    Options
    Take your measurements for your whole body. You probably lost in other areas you aren't watchiing. I lost from head down. My legs and thighs were the last to start loosing. If I had guaged my progress on my legs and thighs only I would have thought I was a failure.

I guess you're right, thank you! I have noticed my waist is a lot thinner than before as well as my arms!
  • tanishakumar
    Options
    I would try weight lifting and toning exercises.

I don't really have access to any weights and I cant join a gym either... I came across this website though and I was thinking I should do some of these to help..
    http://www.laurensfitness.com/2008/07/02/no-equipment-no-excuses-20-exercises-you-can-do-at-home/